Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe my friend just bought her son an easy bake oven!

Posted by   + Show Post
What the hell was she thinking!?

Now she has to eat nasty lightbulb baked cakes forever!!! Worst idea ever!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Replies (21-30):
calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:54 PM

lol, ill just make dh eat the tasteless cakes....

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Don't do it!!!!! Trust me you will life in little dry tasteless cake hell until
It breaks or they "stop selling the mixes"

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

i'd buy my son or daughter one.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Lol I tried that with my daughter "oh mommys not hungry maybe daddy wants some". "No mommy! I made this one for you!!" Then you bite the cardboard bullet and choke it down.

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

lol, ill just make dh eat the tasteless cakes....

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Don't do it!!!!! Trust me you will life in little dry tasteless cake hell until
It breaks or they "stop selling the mixes"

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

i'd buy my son or daughter one.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:57 PM
My sister wanted one so bad when we were kids. My parents wouldn't get her one because they were afraid "she would burn the house down". They never actually researched things before the jumped to conclusions.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Lol my FIL is like that we have a water dragon and he has to have heat and uv lamps. My FIL always gives us crap about leaving the lights on when we are not home because it will burn the house down.

Quoting Anonymous:

My sister wanted one so bad when we were kids. My parents wouldn't get her one because they were afraid "she would burn the house down". They never actually researched things before the jumped to conclusions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:01 AM

My mom refused to buy me one when i was a kid. She told me if I wanted to bake she would take me in the kitchen and teach me how to bake for real....... And she did. I remember baking cakes and brownies fro the family when I was in the 4th and 5th grade. I missed the bullet with my kids. They never asked for one.

babyboy117
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:03 AM
I'm pretty sure she was just being funny...

Quoting tastelikeyum:

So what? You don't have to eat it so not your problem. If that's what she wants to get HER CHILD than what is it to you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Lots of people suggest using real cake mixes. You can look up homemade easy bake oven mixes that doen't taste horrible. If I knew where all the pieces to my boys easy bake oven went I would so let them use it but they don't have enough patience it takes longer than cooking in the big oven it seems.

Charliesmommy11
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:07 AM
I found the one my sister and I had when we were little in my moms attic during Christmas. I almost had the urge to bake something in it lol.
LiliM
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:09 AM

LOL. My little one is getting one for his birthday, I think.  Easy Bake started making them in "gender neutral" colors.  My youngest loves to cook, or make, or be in the kitchen doing anything, other than cleaning.

So we'll get him one and eat shitty "cakes" until he's ready to use the real kitchen without giving me the heeby jeebies.

aurorarosepsych
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:11 AM
I lucked out my girls lost interest quick so I only had to eat a few
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured