Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't believe my friend just bought her son an easy bake oven!

Posted by   + Show Post
What the hell was she thinking!?

Now she has to eat nasty lightbulb baked cakes forever!!! Worst idea ever!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Replies (31-40):
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Lol! I let all my kids help in the kitchen. But the only ones that are allowed to cook alone are my 14 and 12 year old. Occasionally they bake something and let The little ones help too. This year for my birthday they made me cake pops with a chocolate cake recipe my 12 year old found online.

Quoting LiliM:

LOL. My little one is getting one for his birthday, I think.  Easy Bake started making them in "gender neutral" colors.  My youngest loves to cook, or make, or be in the kitchen doing anything, other than cleaning.

So we'll get him one and eat shitty "cakes" until he's ready to use the real kitchen without giving me the heeby jeebies.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyCorrupt
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:13 AM
My son likes to bake and cook. He is almost 4 and does everything mommy does. Luckily I bake, deep fry, field dress, cut grass, and wear chapstick
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:14 AM

maybe she wants him to learn to cook. after all my ss 21 is a chef. I found out he liked to cook and started teaching him more cheats and tricks and stuff and  now he is a chef. Yes I am proud of my well trained chef that I molded. I didn't tell him cooking is only for girls. I let him decide on his own.

lnr187
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:16 AM

LOL i thought this was going to be a bash about boys having easy bake ovens. i had one as a kid and LOVED it. my ss5 just asked me for one the other day. i think the box says ages 8+ but he helps me in the kitchen already so i might get him one soon. never occured to me that'd i'd get stuck eating that nasty shit tho haha

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:16 AM
My son has a bug maker that is the same concept except I don't have to eat the fake bugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Just teach him easy recipes he can do!! Also there are a ton of single serve "mug recipes" that you bake in the microwave online!

Quoting lnr187:

LOL i thought this was going to be a bash about boys having easy bake ovens. i had one as a kid and LOVED it. my ss5 just asked me for one the other day. i think the box says ages 8+ but he helps me in the kitchen already so i might get him one soon. never occured to me that'd i'd get stuck eating that nasty shit tho haha

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiliM
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Lol! I let all my kids help in the kitchen. But the only ones that are allowed to cook alone are my 14 and 12 year old. Occasionally they bake something and let The little ones help too. This year for my birthday they made me cake pops with a chocolate cake recipe my 12 year old found online.

Quoting LiliM:

LOL. My little one is getting one for his birthday, I think.  Easy Bake started making them in "gender neutral" colors.  My youngest loves to cook, or make, or be in the kitchen doing anything, other than cleaning.

So we'll get him one and eat shitty "cakes" until he's ready to use the real kitchen without giving me the heeby jeebies.

THey got a cake pop maker for Christmas, and that was one of the favorite gifts.  I have to supervise like mad, because mine could easily burn the house down through non-attention (older one) and trying something that could be neat (younger one). 

I let them help some, but they are only 6 and 8, so they're a little young to be using anything that is actual cooking.  LOL, they have learned how to make their own cereal, toast, and flavored milk, and can use the microwave in a limited fashion.  I'm not sure if I am helping or hurting, but I have too many memories of shit gone massively wrong in the kitchen already to not limit them at this point, LOL.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Eww ill leave the field dressing to you!! My son likes to bake too for an 8 year old he does a pretty good job. I always make him wisk when I'm doing a sauce that needs to be wisked for a long time lol!

Quoting LovelyCorrupt:

My son likes to bake and cook. He is almost 4 and does everything mommy does. Luckily I bake, deep fry, field dress, cut grass, and wear chapstick
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tyrneathem
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Made me miss my Easy Bake, I loved that thing as a little girl. I'm all for getting my son one... so long as they make diet cake mixes. LOL

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:23 AM
They don't have lightbulbs anymore! My dd got one for x mas and its a heating element... but the treats do suck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN