Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't believe my friend just bought her son an easy bake oven!

Posted by   + Show Post
What the hell was she thinking!?

Now she has to eat nasty lightbulb baked cakes forever!!! Worst idea ever!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Replies (41-50):
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:23 AM
And there's nothing wrong to teach a kid to cook but easy bake oven stuff is like flavored cardboard she's doomed!

Where did I say baking is only for girls???

Quoting opinionatedmom:

maybe she wants him to learn to cook. after all my ss 21 is a chef. I found out he liked to cook and started teaching him more cheats and tricks and stuff and  now he is a chef. Yes I am proud of my well trained chef that I molded. I didn't tell him cooking is only for girls. I let him decide on his own.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:24 AM
I thinks it's great !!!! Men make up the larger majority of chefs why not let them start young. Plus. If u use your own homemade mixes in the easy bake oven they are good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:25 AM

I have never heard of anyone actually having one-   can they really cook??

LovelyCorrupt
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:25 AM
At first I was a little freaked out about his doing the girly things but teaching males to cook and bake is just as beneficial as teaching females about basic hand tools and plumbing 101

Kudos to ur little chef there

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Eww ill leave the field dressing to you!! My son likes to bake too for an 8 year old he does a pretty good job. I always make him wisk when I'm doing a sauce that needs to be wisked for a long time lol!

Quoting LovelyCorrupt:

My son likes to bake and cook. He is almost 4 and does everything mommy does. Luckily I bake, deep fry, field dress, cut grass, and wear chapstick

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:25 AM

bahahaha yes my sons have one too...nasty. we just make stuff in the big over as much as possible.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

thats what we do.

Quoting Fields456:

I thinks it's great !!!! Men make up the larger majority of chefs why not let them start young. Plus. If u use your own homemade mixes in the easy bake oven they are good

.Funfetti.
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:27 AM

I thought they didn't do the lightbulb thing anymore. I heard Easy Bake ovens had upgraded. 

prdmomnarmywife
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Lol ds wants one too . I am still debating . I don't have the money to waste on refills . I do let him bake with me though :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CarolinaGirl88
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:28 AM

That's probably for the best, I'm 24 and still burn myself on a regular basis when I'm cooking lol.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

My son loves to bake too I let him help me when ever he wants. He can actually do brownies from scratch all by himself. He melts the chocolate and butter in the microwave and mixes it all up and even preheats the oven but I still put them in an take them out when they are done he's 8 I don't quite trust him to not burn himself yet.

Quoting lucsch:

I admit I've had two of these. One before I had a daughter, and I mentioned to my dh I had never had one when I was a child, so he bought it for me for Christmas. After giving that one to a friend's daughter, and later having a daughter of my own, I bought another.

My son loved them. He actually loves to bake. I don't think there's a thing wrong with that. I do agree that they are a pain to use, though!

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this
He's a good helper an I can pawn the jobs I don't want to do on him lol he grates cheese, whisks, and squeezes lemons like a pro! Lol

Quoting LovelyCorrupt:

At first I was a little freaked out about his doing the girly things but teaching males to cook and bake is just as beneficial as teaching females about basic hand tools and plumbing 101

Kudos to ur little chef there

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Eww ill leave the field dressing to you!! My son likes to bake too for an 8 year old he does a pretty good job. I always make him wisk when I'm doing a sauce that needs to be wisked for a long time lol!

Quoting LovelyCorrupt:

My son likes to bake and cook. He is almost 4 and does everything mommy does. Luckily I bake, deep fry, field dress, cut grass, and wear chapstick

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN