Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE!! 31wks pregnant and havent been to a Dr.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Due to medical insurance problems, i havent been to see a doctor yet for my pregnancy. im 31wks. I have my first apt tomorrow morning. i dont have any worries, never had complications with my first 2.

I didnt choose to see a doc until now because i was living in another state for a while which refused me medicaid once i became pregnant. i worked and earned less than $200/ bi-weekly. All of which went to bills, diapers and food. Now im back in my home-state which is finally allowing me medicaid. im excited to see the Dr tomorrow.

ive read online that many woman refuse prenatal care or just choose not to, and everyone looks at me like im crazy for not have seen a Dr yet.. i didnt want more debt.

UPDATE: Saw the doc, everything is great! got an ultrasound scheduled on Friday!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Replies (121-127):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:55 PM

People like you are why our country is in the biggest crisis in history. Damn.

Quoting Anonymous:

wow. another judgmental "you-shouldnt-have-kids-unless-you-can-pay-out-of-pocket-orwhateverthehellyouthink" person.

Quoting Anonymous:

I read the whole post. Being on medicaid is hardly YOU being able to afford it.

Quoting Anonymous:

i can afford it now. why is it people never read the whole post.

Quoting Anonymous:

Please get your tubes tied after this baby. You cannot afford what you have if you cannot even go to the doctor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:15 PM
i would beg to differ. people have different views on this kind of subject and so ypu know medicaid here will only cover women up to 6weeks postpartum. after that, its gone. its not like im choosing to live in a state that will cover me for years.

whats so wrong with one person being on medicaid, NOT on fs or cash assistance, and only being on medicaid for what, 15 weeks?
and if you feel lile an intelligent person, dont blame people w
ho where given the right to recieve assistance. why not blame the government for allowing people to abuse it. blame the easy ones instead of those who deserve it. Nice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

wow. another judgmental "you-shouldnt-have-kids-unless-you-can-pay-out-of-pocket-orwhateverthehellyouthink" person.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Please get your tubes tied after this baby. You cannot afford what you have if you cannot even go to the doctor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Do you realize that that adds up to billions of dollars? 15 weeks per person adds up, as medical care is expensive...Damn, stop breeding. I cannot believe you can justify this.

I do blame the government for allowing it, but if people like you would make the choice to be responsible, it would make a big difference.

Quoting Anonymous:

i would beg to differ. people have different views on this kind of subject and so ypu know medicaid here will only cover women up to 6weeks postpartum. after that, its gone. its not like im choosing to live in a state that will cover me for years.

whats so wrong with one person being on medicaid, NOT on fs or cash assistance, and only being on medicaid for what, 15 weeks?
ho where given the right to recieve assistance. why not blame the government for allowing people to abuse it. blame the easy ones instead of those who deserve it. Nice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

notabosley
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Wow, I'm glad to hear your baby and you are okay, but consider yourself lucky.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I had the same issue on #3. I was finally approved for medicaid at about 32-33 weeks. They played me around from 12 weeks (when I found out), till I was approved at 23 weeks...then they took their sweet time mailing my card (which the Doc wanted before they would see me). Lost it in the mail twice somehow. All was fine luckily.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM
That specific Dr can. No woman ass up to her ob office in labor they GUI to the er or labor unit. If they haven't found an ob by that point they are delivered by the OB on call.

Quoting justpeachy71904:

Haha I was going to say... Can they really refuse a woman in labor?

"um mo ma'am, we don't accept women over 12 weeks."

Bwahaha

Quoting PEEK05:

This exactly!

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Are you sure it's not until 12 weeks? The OBs won't see you here until 12 weeks+, unless there is a medical complication (high risk pregnancy, previous miscarriages or ectopic, etc).

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmm. Here a Dr won't see you once you pass 12 weeks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:07 PM
how would you feel if i became the next duggar mom, breeding and breeding and sucking up all the medicaid i can. people like you who continuously bash people on medicaid just for the fact they're on it make me want to suck up more of YOUR precious tax dollars, money that would be taken reguatdless of how many people use the system. (/troll over)
face it. whether you like it or not or how many people are on medicaid, you pay it. and so do i. so if i where you, id get over it. youd be a happier person if you didnt let such meaningless things bother you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you realize that that adds up to billions of dollars? 15 weeks per person adds up, as medical care is expensive...Damn, stop breeding. I cannot believe you can justify this.

I do blame the government for allowing it, but if people like you would make the choice to be responsible, it would make a big difference.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN