Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE!! 31wks pregnant and havent been to a Dr.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Due to medical insurance problems, i havent been to see a doctor yet for my pregnancy. im 31wks. I have my first apt tomorrow morning. i dont have any worries, never had complications with my first 2.

I didnt choose to see a doc until now because i was living in another state for a while which refused me medicaid once i became pregnant. i worked and earned less than $200/ bi-weekly. All of which went to bills, diapers and food. Now im back in my home-state which is finally allowing me medicaid. im excited to see the Dr tomorrow.

ive read online that many woman refuse prenatal care or just choose not to, and everyone looks at me like im crazy for not have seen a Dr yet.. i didnt want more debt.

UPDATE: Saw the doc, everything is great! got an ultrasound scheduled on Friday!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Replies (21-30):
EachNewBreath
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:07 AM

There should be no problems. I think it was a GREAT choice for your family for you not to go in to debt further! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:07 AM
Umm totally weird , sorry I was preggo in another state , yes it was a pain to get mediciad but I did it because my health and my childs development was highly inmportant . I hope the baby is ok. I was extremely worried about down syndrome
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:09 AM

I don't understand how you were denined medicaid when you were pregnant and didn't have that much income coming in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:12 AM
Cps might be called , soo have a better reason than the one u have now .
A midwife is a cheaper way to get some care
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:15 AM
they usually dont worry about downs unless it runs in the family or the mom is closer to 32yrs old. neither for me, so im not worried. there hasnt been anything wrong as of yet, baby is growing fast, kicks strong and alot. im not worried, but glad ill finally be seeing a doc without worry of debt.

Quoting Anonymous:

Umm totally weird , sorry I was preggo in another state , yes it was a pain to get mediciad but I did it because my health and my childs development was highly inmportant . I hope the baby is ok. I was extremely worried about down syndrome

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:17 AM
lmao cps for no prenatal care? highly doubtful that anything would be done. id have been reported by now if that was the case. and as i stated in my OP, I've done research and MANY women refuse prenatal care for religious, finantial and other reasons.

Quoting Anonymous:

Cps might be called , soo have a better reason than the one u have now .

A midwife is a cheaper way to get some care

tastelikeyum
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:18 AM
Hope everything is well with you and the baby.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:21 AM
the state i was in made you try jumping through too many hoops and denied me for being unable to get my birth cert to them right away and wouldnt allow me to reapply for 3months. its a rich state but they dont do much to help the needy.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't understand how you were denined medicaid when you were pregnant and didn't have that much income coming in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:23 AM
Are you at least taking prenatal vitamins?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:25 AM
yes, since the day i first found out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you at least taking prenatal vitamins?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)