Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE!! 31wks pregnant and havent been to a Dr.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Due to medical insurance problems, i havent been to see a doctor yet for my pregnancy. im 31wks. I have my first apt tomorrow morning. i dont have any worries, never had complications with my first 2.

I didnt choose to see a doc until now because i was living in another state for a while which refused me medicaid once i became pregnant. i worked and earned less than $200/ bi-weekly. All of which went to bills, diapers and food. Now im back in my home-state which is finally allowing me medicaid. im excited to see the Dr tomorrow.

ive read online that many woman refuse prenatal care or just choose not to, and everyone looks at me like im crazy for not have seen a Dr yet.. i didnt want more debt.

UPDATE: Saw the doc, everything is great! got an ultrasound scheduled on Friday!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:28 AM

No. She meant what she said. I had to change doctors during one pregnancy and I had a hard time finding one that would take a new patient in the 3rd trimester. It was a blessing in disguise though because I love my new ob. 

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Are you sure it's not until 12 weeks? The OBs won't see you here until 12 weeks+, unless there is a medical complication (high risk pregnancy, previous miscarriages or ectopic, etc).

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmm. Here a Dr won't see you once you pass 12 weeks.

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah but 12 weeks isn't the third trimester.

Quoting Anonymous:

No. She meant what she said. I had to change doctors during one pregnancy and I had a hard time finding one that would take a new patient in the 3rd trimester. It was a blessing in disguise though because I love my new ob. 

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Are you sure it's not until 12 weeks? The OBs won't see you here until 12 weeks+, unless there is a medical complication (high risk pregnancy, previous miscarriages or ectopic, etc).

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:31 AM

But this chick is 31 weeks pregnant. Here you can go as early as 6 weeks even if you're not high risk and after about 20 weeks it's hard to find a new doc.

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Yeah but 12 weeks isn't the third trimester.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, well, we were doing TONS of things for centuries before modern medicine got involved, so by all means lets just turn up our noses at any possible helpful advances...

Quoting SLMitchell:

Women were having babies for centuries before modern medicine got involved.

SLMitchell
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:35 AM

I do not believe I ever said that.  I gave birth to my child in a hospital.  I was just making a point.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, well, we were doing TONS of things for centuries before modern medicine got involved, so by all means lets just turn up our noses at any possible helpful advances...

Quoting SLMitchell:

Women were having babies for centuries before modern medicine got involved.

I am...a dreadlocks sportin', vegan food diggin', garden growin', floaty skirt wearin', bare feet steppin', from scratch cookin', non-spankin', homeschoolin', fiction writin', couponin', dog adoptin', displaced Texan, wife of a soldier and mother of a darlin'...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Frankly I think its just too many excuses . I was basically homeless and I handled going to the DOC . & if u only care about debt then maybe think of adoption . Cause the child will need to see the DOC after the is born . I think your either really young like 13 or just very ignorant
bnsellis
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. That sounds very strange to me too!

Quoting bowribbonmama:

That seems a bit strange. Some women are past that point when they find out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope, it's before. Maybe just my Ob's practice at least. You have to establish prenatal care BEFORE 12 weeks or they won't see you.

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DieselsMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Stop having kids you can't afford!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:15 AM
Good luck. My mom skipped prenatal visits and refused genetic testing with her 5th and because she was 35 years old her newly appointed ob threatened to call cps when she went to the hospital in false labor at 8 months. Baby came out fine and is 23 years old with her own family now.
Rust.n.Gears
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:18 AM
I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 30 weeks along with my son. It was horrible. I feel like I missed so much.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)