Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE!! 31wks pregnant and havent been to a Dr.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Due to medical insurance problems, i havent been to see a doctor yet for my pregnancy. im 31wks. I have my first apt tomorrow morning. i dont have any worries, never had complications with my first 2.

I didnt choose to see a doc until now because i was living in another state for a while which refused me medicaid once i became pregnant. i worked and earned less than $200/ bi-weekly. All of which went to bills, diapers and food. Now im back in my home-state which is finally allowing me medicaid. im excited to see the Dr tomorrow.

ive read online that many woman refuse prenatal care or just choose not to, and everyone looks at me like im crazy for not have seen a Dr yet.. i didnt want more debt.

UPDATE: Saw the doc, everything is great! got an ultrasound scheduled on Friday!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:00 AM
I'm still stuck on only making $200 biweekly and this being her 3rd child
Twofeathers
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:02 AM
2 moms liked this

Wow good going, the lot of you putting her down. She is going to the doctor, yes a little late, but better late than never. Is it good to forego getting medical checkups while pregnant, no its not..there's a lot of things that can be detected early and treated or expected to be treated upon delivery. However, there's no reason to berate her because in your eyes she didnt do things "perfectly". Lighten up a little. She's got two healthy, happy kids and lets all send postive vibes that this child will be the same instead of stressing mom out which can affect baby. Many well wishes to you mama!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol..people go to the ER for pregnancy tests, pretty sure a doctor would see a pregnant woman who hasn't been to the dr yet.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmm. Here a Dr won't see you once you pass 12 weeks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:05 AM
i said bills and debt werent the ONLY things on my mind. why see a doctor and then move to another state? where im from. and currently live, if you have and see a doctor up to your 3rd trimester then want to switch, they wont take you. i learned this from my last pregnancy. i got fed up with a clinic that kept giving me idiot doctors, tried to find a new doc elsewhere and no one would take me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok then if the bill was not the reason then what is personal believes such as religion .

Quoting Anonymous:

being educated and comprehending what im trying to say are completely different. the only person who is ONLY thinking about debt and bills, is you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats funny , ur nuts !!!!! I am educated , thats why I know how inmportant it is to see a doctor . Do ur baby a favor and give that lil angel who doesn't just think about debt or medical bills

Quoting Anonymous:

and you're stupid. you didnt read my whole post, or you did but nothing except "debt" settled in your brain.

i hadn't seen a doc mainly because i live in a state where i couldnt afford to live. moved back home and now i do. and tell me, how many 13yr olds have 2 kids and have a JOB. you just radiate idiocy from that comment.

maybe you need to go back to 5th grade english class and retake the test on reading comp.

Quoting Anonymous:

Frankly I think its just too many excuses . I was basically homeless and I handled going to the DOC . & if u only care about debt then maybe think of adoption . Cause the child will need to see the DOC after the is born . I think your either really young like 13 or just very ignorant

TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:06 AM
Did you not read the sentence right before the one you highlighted?

Quoting Twofeathers:

Yes and let me show you a little something..This is a reservation in S. Dakota that has a HUGE lack of prenatal care..

The empowerment zone is located in the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation along the southwestern border of South Dakota. The reservation is homeland of the Oglala Lakota Tribe, the largest of the seven bands that make up the Teton Lakota Nation. The zone includes the most densely populated areas of the Reservation, covering approximately 1,000 of the Reservation’s 7,000 square miles. It encompasses all of Shannon County, which is the poorest county in the nation, and parts of Jackson and Bennett Counties. The Lakota Fund, one of the key partners, was started to provide capital and technical assistance on the Pine Ridge Reservation. It is the major lending institution in an environment where most people do not have access to credit or savings institutions. The Reservation has a higher rate of diabetes, alcoholism, heart disease, road accidents, other accidents, and suicide than the American Indian population as a whole and all other races. The infant mortality rate is higher than the national average, and the tuberculosis rate is eight times higher. Alcoholism affects nearly every family on the reservation. The Lakota have the lowest life expectancy of any group in America.

Again the lack of services for expecting mothers is almost non exsistant. Yes, for centuries mothers did not have prenatal care. However, infant mortality was VERY high. This Reservation shows that when services are few and far between..what is in red is the outcome to expect

Here's a link to back what Ive said

http://voices.yahoo.com/south-dakotas-pine-ridge-indian-reservation-has-third-413692.html?cat=5

Quoting SLMitchell:

Women were having babies for centuries before modern medicine got involved.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:07 AM
you're also still stuck on that being my income living in a separate state than i do now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:09 AM
So is ur income more or less now? U said the state u were living in previously was a "rich state" how did less than $200 biweekly cover diapers, bills and food in a rich state???

Quoting Anonymous:

you're also still stuck on that being my income living in a separate state than i do now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Twofeathers
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:11 AM

Yes and? If your trying to say that alcoholism, road accidents, diabetes, etc are the cause for high infant mortality rate then that could be a factor. However, Ive done a lot of research on this, went to a nursing school where one of our instructors was a former resident of this res and told us the main reason behind infant mortality was due to lack of funding for doctors, scales, prenatal care etc. Please read the link provided it explains it all in more detail. Thanks!

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Did you not read the sentence right before the one you highlighted?

Quoting Twofeathers:

Yes and let me show you a little something..This is a reservation in S. Dakota that has a HUGE lack of prenatal care..

The empowerment zone is located in the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation along the southwestern border of South Dakota. The reservation is homeland of the Oglala Lakota Tribe, the largest of the seven bands that make up the Teton Lakota Nation. The zone includes the most densely populated areas of the Reservation, covering approximately 1,000 of the Reservation’s 7,000 square miles. It encompasses all of Shannon County, which is the poorest county in the nation, and parts of Jackson and Bennett Counties. The Lakota Fund, one of the key partners, was started to provide capital and technical assistance on the Pine Ridge Reservation. It is the major lending institution in an environment where most people do not have access to credit or savings institutions. The Reservation has a higher rate of diabetes, alcoholism, heart disease, road accidents, other accidents, and suicide than the American Indian population as a whole and all other races. The infant mortality rate is higher than the national average, and the tuberculosis rate is eight times higher. Alcoholism affects nearly every family on the reservation. The Lakota have the lowest life expectancy of any group in America.

Again the lack of services for expecting mothers is almost non exsistant. Yes, for centuries mothers did not have prenatal care. However, infant mortality was VERY high. This Reservation shows that when services are few and far between..what is in red is the outcome to expect

Here's a link to back what Ive said

http://voices.yahoo.com/south-dakotas-pine-ridge-indian-reservation-has-third-413692.html?cat=5

Quoting SLMitchell:

Women were having babies for centuries before modern medicine got involved.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:15 AM
my income is much nicer now. the state had a good economy, and had more than enough to help the needy, but they dont. the job i had only had me working a couple hours a day a few days a week. they pretty much discriminated against me due to becoming pregnant. went from $500 bi-weekly, to less than $200. no matter how much i asked or tried to get more hours, thwy hired so many people that nobody wanted to give up their hours to help me out. fkn sucked.. it was hard to get everything we needed, but we did. and now we arent worried about finances.

Quoting Anonymous:

So is ur income more or less now? U said the state u were living in previously was a "rich state" how did less than $200 biweekly cover diapers, bills and food in a rich state???

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:16 AM

You will probably be fine as long as you're taking care of yourself, I hate debt too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN