Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Child support (sorry it's long)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
50/50 of expenses (it says it in actual post but to be clear. Kids will live with mother and dad will have visitation)

My BFF has decided to leave her husband of 5 years. They have 2 children together. BFF is an LPN, her husband is a limo driver. Initially Ex was upset that she was leaving him and said he would provide no support for children. Now ex has said he wants to go 50/50 with BFF for kids expenses, food, child care, tuition and miscellaneous. BFF doesn't want to do 50/50, her kids expenses are about $1400-$1600 a month. She wants Ex to pay $1000 a month because of her "rent"

She accused me of siding with Ex, when I stated 50/50 was a good compromise, whereas if he were to put himself on child support, she'd only get $100 a week for both kids.

FYI: BFF has history of living beyond her financial means, goes clubbing every weekend and is always planning weekend getaways.

My question is she being selfish or is Ex really supposed to pay more???
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:29 AM
2 moms liked this

Many do not agree with me but if it is 50/50 there should not be any child support.

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:31 AM
If it's 50/50 I don't think there should be cs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitchen.ninja
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:33 AM
1 mom liked this
If they split equal time with the kid no cs should be awarded and the coat if medical and extra curriculars should be split.

That's how my ex and I did it for years!

Of course must people are too selfish and/or greedy to do that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JessT5280
by MileHigh Mom on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Even if they go 50/50 - whoever has the higher income is who pays child support. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Child Support is to equal out both homes, and give children the same ammenities in both homes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:47 AM
I'm not sure how they will split up time with the kids. Kids are in after school programs til 6:30 pm every day, and BFF only has kids Saturday and Sunday (she goes out every Friday or Saturday night). Her reasoning is that if the Ex doesn't agree to give her $1000 a month, she'd rather do court ordered child support, but with court ordered support it would go by Ex's income and ex would only be obligated to give her $100 weekly.

I thought 50/50 was a great way to do things, since neither one should feel they are being taken advantage of. I told her to provide Ex with receipts so he could see the truth of the kids expenses, she said no that ex should just take her word for it.
Ms.Pink.
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:50 AM
1 mom liked this
She's an idiot. Court ordered CS will go off his income and the states allowable percentage. She can't pull a number out if her ass and demand it. Sounds like he needs to fight for full custody since she seems more concerned with partying and having a sugar daddy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EachNewBreath
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:51 AM

OP you might want to edit your post to say that 50/50 is not the time spent with the children but the division of the expenses. 

I think that she would get more doing it 50/50 but maybe not. I am suppose to get 225 usd a month. 375 usd if he got a job. So i am not sure

Mommie2Kailen
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:53 AM
1 mom liked this

the courts will decide the amount and she is a selfish bitch. and what "kids" expenses are 1400-1600 a month.

jarkrt
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:35 AM
Thank you! This is exactly what it is intended for.

Quoting JessT5280:

Even if they go 50/50 - whoever has the higher income is who pays child support. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Child Support is to equal out both homes, and give children the same ammenities in both homes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:16 AM

50/50 is good especially since he is agreeing. But the courts will decide

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)