Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why are people so rude?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies

Ugh so I work at a grocery store and sadly I have to push the carts back inside. Well pretty much every day I push about 7 to 8 carts at a time which if you have done it before it is NOT light. So the annoying thing, I'm pushing these heaving stacks and about to cross the street to the store when people completely ignore the stop sign, or think they have the right away!! Does anyone know how hard it is to stop a cart 8 carts away from you?? It is like dominoes that last cart will just run away!! Or when I am pushing them in the store there is always one customer getting a cart and standing there for ever, they look at me and just keep standing there!! Then there are the customers that try to just cut you off! I CAN NOT STOP 8 carts when in motion!!! So if I have to stop right away expect to be hit by the last cart!

I even had a lady yell at me to watch where I was going because she came out from behind me all in a hurry and cut me off and the last cart that I can not stop ran into her!

Man people have no manors!!

Oh and to you lazy people that put your cart next to your car with the rack 2 feet away seriously??? How hard is it to walk 2 feet??

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:06 AM

I will aim and push the cart into the stalls...sometimes they make it and sometimes the cart will bash into the cars parked in the handicap spaces

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:09 AM

I have actually seen that happen! I was in complete shock the family just laughed and took off.

Quoting Anonymous:

I will aim and push the cart into the stalls...sometimes they make it and sometimes the cart will bash into the cars parked in the handicap spaces

BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:10 AM

I hope that you're joking but I LOL'ed when I read this...

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:12 AM
I usually push the cart back into the store. Everyone thinks this is weird, but it just makes sense to me. Plus, when I worked retail people were always soooo shitty, so I have a sort of sympathy for others working around the public :-/
People suck, I'm sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:14 AM

blank stare

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Quoting Anonymous:

BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:16 AM

I'm tired...I'm sure that's my problem...and it was only funny b/c in my head, I read it with sarcasm....

Quoting Anonymous:

blank stare

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:22 AM
I wish people were more like you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I usually push the cart back into the store. Everyone thinks this is weird, but it just makes sense to me. Plus, when I worked retail people were always soooo shitty, so I have a sort of sympathy for others working around the public :-/

People suck, I'm sorry.

tastelikeyum
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:29 AM
I try to park close to the cart returns because I have my kids with me. If I'm by myself I don't mind walking a little ways to put the cart away.

Most stores have men doing that job though. I've never really seen a woman push carts like that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:30 AM
2 moms liked this
I fucking hate when I see people leave their cart next to the cart return instead of actually pushing it in. I seriously want to smack them in the face!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:33 AM

I put the cart by my car. I park in handicap and it's not two feet away, it's like 15. And if I can walk those extra 30 feet then I wouldn't park in handicap.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)