Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

is it possible to have HPV

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
And never have a wart outbreak...? Anyone know

I have had 2 abnormal pap smears yes were treated, but I've never had a wart outbreak like how they show in pictures...
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:16 AM
Replies (11-20):
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:25 AM
Yes. I had hpv strain 16. No warts and my body got rid of it after 4 years.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Reality_check
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:26 AM
i have HPV. ive never had a breakout that i know of, if i have it came and gone before i knew it.
there are different types of HPV. some cause warts, some cause cancer, some just a virus.. google it. google is awesome. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:26 AM
I see, that wasn't really explained to me.about the different types.

How long have you had it? And are you postive it was from your ex -I ask only because I was told you can contract it from birth sometimes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, there are many kinds of HPV.  I have HPV from my ex and it only increases my risk of cervical cancer, though it does increase it DRAMATICALLY.  But it does not cause warts of any kind.

SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:27 AM

Yes.  There are many different strains of the virus and the symptoms vary in presentation and severity.  You can remain asymptomatic.  Unfortunately, some strains that produce few or no symptoms have been linked to cervical cancer.  It is very important that you keep up with your routine pap smears and monitor it.  The strains that result in warts are typically not as dangerous.

How did they treat your HPV?  From what I understand, there isn't much that can be done besides removing abnormal cells.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:27 AM
Is the body recovering a common thing with that strain

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Yes. I had hpv strain 16. No warts and my body got rid of it after 4 years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:32 AM

I have had abnormal paps since 2005 when I was pregnant with my daughter, it was diagnosed as HPV in 2007.  I was with my ex when I contracted it and since he was out screwing everything that walked and it is considered an STD, I assume it was from him.

Quoting Anonymous:

I see, that wasn't really explained to me.about the different types.

How long have you had it? And are you postive it was from your ex -I ask only because I was told you can contract it from birth sometimes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, there are many kinds of HPV.  I have HPV from my ex and it only increases my risk of cervical cancer, though it does increase it DRAMATICALLY.  But it does not cause warts of any kind.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:33 AM
I got very strong vaginal suppositories, an acid ingredient if i remember correctly. I have to retest later this month if that didn't Work cyro therapy is next.

Quoting SamiJ18:

Yes.  There are many different strains of the virus and the symptoms vary in presentation and severity.  You can remain asymptomatic.  Unfortunately, some strains that produce few or no symptoms have been linked to cervical cancer.  It is very important that you keep up with your routine pap smears and monitor it.  The strains that result in warts are typically not as dangerous.

How did they treat your HPV?  From what I understand, there isn't much that can be done besides removing abnormal cells.  

AA2.0
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:35 AM
Not all strains cause warts, so yes. It is possible to have HPV and no warts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:36 AM

*cough cough* slut

Unoriginal.
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:36 AM

Yes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)