Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

is it possible to have HPV

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
And never have a wart outbreak...? Anyone know

I have had 2 abnormal pap smears yes were treated, but I've never had a wart outbreak like how they show in pictures...
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:16 AM
Replies (31-40):
Nolanzo
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:52 AM
Absolutely. I have the type that causes cancer, which I developed 3 years ago after being diagnosed with HPV over 10 years ago. I have never had any outward signs of it. And the cancer is gone :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tossed
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:53 AM

Yes, it is possible and that is one of the dangers of HPV.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:53 AM
Eat really healthy and things like yogurt with probiotics will help the body get rid of it on its own
SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:54 AM

I completely understand how you are feeling.  I also have HPV and I first displayed symptoms when I was 7 months pregnant with my first child.  I never received any treatment because my pap smears were normal soon after I had my child.

During my second pregnancy, my doctor thought I had cervical dysplasia thanks to abnormal pap smears and many other symptoms that are a bit TMI.  I never got the chance to have any more tests or any treatments.  I have since lost insurance coverage for anything other than breast exams, pap smears and the insertion and removal of my Implanon.  The symptoms are still there but, they do seem to be less severe.  I never went back and it's been 3 years.

Quoting Anonymous:

Like I said that's the next step if the other method wasn't effective. hopefully its gone or dormant so I can get the worry out of my mind

Quoting SamiJ18:

I've heard of cryo therapy as a treatment for HPV.  I have never heard of vaginal suppositories, that is interesting.

Quoting Anonymous:

I got very strong vaginal suppositories, an acid ingredient if i remember correctly. I have to retest later this month if that didn't Work cyro therapy is next.

Quoting SamiJ18:

Yes.  There are many different strains of the virus and the symptoms vary in presentation and severity.  You can remain asymptomatic.  Unfortunately, some strains that produce few or no symptoms have been linked to cervical cancer.  It is very important that you keep up with your routine pap smears and monitor it.  The strains that result in warts are typically not as dangerous.

How did they treat your HPV?  From what I understand, there isn't much that can be done besides removing abnormal cells.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:04 AM

What about through quotes. . .

Quoting Anonymous:

You know it can also be transmitted through touch.

Quoting Anonymous:

*cough cough* slut

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:08 AM

They weresn't supposed to. . I'd kiss em better but I might catch something

*cough cough* unicorn slut

Quoting Unoriginal.:

oh no, my feels, they hurt

eye rolling

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Unoriginal.:

Quoting Anonymous:

*cough cough* slut

HPV is so common that at least 50% of sexually active men and women get it at some point in their lives.

So I guess that makes 150  million Americans sluts too.

xomrsweaver
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:08 AM

yes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:26 AM
Yes. Make sure your partners wear protection so they don't spread it around to other females.
itsm3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:08 AM

yes.  different strains cause diff symptoms, one of them being warts. 

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Yes, I never had a wart outbreak when I had HPV.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)