Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Insomnia?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this
I need help,I can no longer sleep at night.I do not fall asleep till about seven am and I am awake by eleven am.I do not want to take drugs.Are there any natural ways to get to sleep at a decent hour?This has been going on for about two weeks now,but has always been an on and off problem my whole life.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kzuehlk
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:21 AM
If you figure anything out, please clue me in! I'm pregnant and have horrible insomnia. I've been awake since 5am yesterday morning (it's 4:30am here right now) and sleep is no where in sight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:22 AM

This is the story of my life...If I need to be in bed early and be up early I take an allergy pill...Good Luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:23 AM
Yoga. Seriously take a few classes it really helps!
anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:25 AM
Im with you! I have to force myself to sleep. I cut out caffiene, and I dont eat right before bed nothin
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:27 AM
I have this issue to my sleep scedule is fucked..
Tishx3
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:28 AM
I'm suffering from this now I'm 29 weeks pregnant and have been suffering from horrible insomnia since the beginning of my pregnancy. Ill nap for an hour or 2 during the day but I can never sleep at night and if I fall asleep around 10pm I'm up at 1 wide awake

Quoting kzuehlk:

If you figure anything out, please clue me in! I'm pregnant and have horrible insomnia. I've been awake since 5am yesterday morning (it's 4:30am here right now) and sleep is no where in sight.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:29 AM
Melatotin, lavender?
TRUTHNJUSTICE
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:32 AM

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. TRY THIS... NO ALCOHOL AFTER 8PM.

A LONG HOT BATH BEFORE BED.

TURN THE TV OFF..OR BETTER YET..TURN TO THE CABLE MUSIC STATIONS....THE SOUNDSCAPES.

ITS VERY SOFT N MUSICAL..AND RELAXING.

SOMEONE TOLD ME ........GET UP OUT OF BED IF U CANNOT SLEEP.  YOU WANT YOUR BRAIN TO CONNECT BED WITH SLEEPING ONLY...SO NO READING OR WATCHING TV IN BED.

I HOPE THIS HELPS....

PS...U WONT DIE FROM A LACK OF SLEEP,...ALTHOUGH IT FEELS LIKE IT...TRY TO RELAX.

Nolanzo
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:48 AM
Me too... I went to bed at 1230 and was up by 2... Have to get up by 6 and its 443 now so there's no point. And I have a TON of shit to get done today.

I have tried EVERYTHING.. Melatonin, lavender, vitamin d, Benedryl, benzos, sleep aids, ear plugs, exercise, warm milk, hot baths, I'm telling you everything. None of it works. None.

I have learned to function on 2-3 hours per night with working full time during the day. I'm ready to dive of the nearest bridge sometimes but I figure this will come in mighty handy when I'm nursing a newborn this May :)

Quoting Tishx3:

I'm suffering from this now I'm 29 weeks pregnant and have been suffering from horrible insomnia since the beginning of my pregnancy. Ill nap for an hour or 2 during the day but I can never sleep at night and if I fall asleep around 10pm I'm up at 1 wide awake

Quoting kzuehlk:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:56 AM
I downloaded some soundscape app,hopefully the noises of the amazon will knock me out lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN