Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*ETA*ugh i dont want to *stomps feet*

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:27 AM
  • 26 Replies
Today is the day I dread, twice a yr :( I have to drag my dd pouting to the doctor.

She has to go ser her neurologist, pulmonologist, cardiologist, and orthopedic docs. I get all worked up and stressed. I have to watch them poke and prod and mess with her. Take notes. And then smile and pretend I'm not upset.

Then I have to listen to the. Tell me in words she can't understand to what degree she has worsened :( sigh

If you have time could you send a prayer or two her way. Shes only 8 and she deserves it.

ETA

First off thanks so much mommas for the prayers. I think they were heard today. :) our appt went well. We had her echo and ekg done first. They didn't call in the dr in right away.but we will know for sure tomorrow.

Then we saw the neuro. She replaced our ikd neurologist. I really liked her. She wants a nee sleep study and nap study done due to the fatigue. Also wants my dd put back on breathing meds for lung weakness.

Then we saw the pt and ot (physical and occupational therapist) and they said she needs new leg braces and physical therapy for her muscles tightening.

Worst part of the day is the neuro wants to put my dd on add meds to stop the fatigue :( I hate putting my sweet baby on meds. I hate the breathing meds lets alone uppers :( sigh. But the fatigue is impacting her learning. :(

But the mda social workers are pulling her iep for mw and helping rewrite it for me.

Thanks again for your thoughts a d prayers :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:29 AM

good luck

What's wrong that she has to see all those drs?

MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:29 AM
Sending prayers your way (hugs)
LadySaphira
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:37 AM

Aww good luck to her! I have to take my oldest DD to brain tumor clinic on the 27th for her checkup. She sees all 5 of her doctors at the same appointment too, better than draging her 70+ miles one way for each doctor but not fun.

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:38 AM
she has muscular dystrophy. She has two of these appts a yr. And she hatessssss it.

Quoting Anonymous:

good luck

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:38 AM
tHank you. She needs it

Quoting MrsCountryMama:

Sending prayers your way (hugs)
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:39 AM
It really is good to do it one day but exhausting at the same time kwim? I hope you dd's appt goes well! Thanks !

Quoting LadySaphira:

Aww good luck to her! I have to take my oldest DD to brain tumor clinic on the 27th for her checkup. She sees all 5 of her doctors at the same appointment too, better than draging her 70+ miles one way for each doctor but not fun.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:41 AM

ohhh...i can see why both of you are dreading it!! Good luck!!

Quoting justpeachy71904:

she has muscular dystrophy. She has two of these appts a yr. And she hatessssss it.

Quoting Anonymous:

good luck

GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Good luck Shea!

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Is she taking any supplements to help with energy and muscle spasms?  Like CoQ10, coconut oil, and magnesium (chelated)?

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/muscular-dystrophy-000113.htm

justpeachy71904
by peachy on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:47 AM
You know when I started taking coq10 recently I learned about its uses for md. I planned to ask her neuro about it today.

Thanks! Never heard of coconut.oil

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Is she taking any supplements to help with energy and muscle spasms?  Like CoQ10, coconut oil, and magnesium (chelated)?

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/muscular-dystrophy-000113.htm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)