Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do your Daughters Look up to This?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Do your little girls look up to this?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Replies (51-60):
edelweiss23
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this
My 7and 9 year olds have no idea who these singers(and I use that term loosely) are.

I am trying to teach my girls that you don't have to dress like a hooker to be well respected, confident ladies.

I will admit that beyonce(sp?) is a very beautiful woman and could have worn something else and still been sexy as hell.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
banana-bear
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:45 AM
2 moms liked this
Wow, really? Wtf is up with all the Beyonce bashing? I've seen way less coverage on DWTS dancers, athletes and even other white singers. What's the big deal?

Eta, my girls have no idea who they are but if they did, I have the sense enough to explain what performers are and how that's not appropriate everyday wear.
CadincesMom
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Nope my 6 year old has never seen her or even knows what kind of music she sings

goodmama85
by Diamond Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
FFS smfh.
SavdNSanctified
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely not! They don't even know who she is. Parenting win!
PutOnMyApron
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
No.
She is 10 and loves to read, draw, watch movies and listen to ALL types of music. Not really into following trends or other people but I'm not going to say that won't change.
We also do not have cable, so she does not see a lot of music videos or popular shows.
When I was her age, I had already discovered MTV, felt insecure about clothes and hair. I had my barbies still and was playing with my mothers make-up. (She did go through a two month phase with dolls but that's it) Shocked me for a while on how different we are from each other from when I was her age. I love that she marches to the beat of her own drum and is happy.
But like I said...it could all change...I still have teenage years to go through with her and that's scary to me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:48 AM
My daughter is 1.5, so she only really looks up to me.. Maybe a few other family members...
happykitty316
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter thinks Beyonce is a Barbie doll.  She sees pretty hair and singing and dancing.  It's entertainment and she knows that.  And she doesn't dress like this or try to look like one of those women, she's a 6 year old little girl.

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:49 AM

No

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:50 AM
She would watch it but she doesnt look up to it. I wouldve allowed her to watch this last night, but we were t watching the superbowl. Oh well
I must be doing something right

Its not about turning their heads away, its how you talk to them
Im not worried

Many parents get crazy about certain dolls. How sexy they are and set a bad example. Its the adults who see it this way and say something to their kids. What does a small chd know about being sexy?

Its a freakin show and some people need to realize shes not going to wear a long dress all the time
Its the business she is in
Get over it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN