Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Changed her relationship status to single"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 207 Replies
11 moms liked this

I've had a few married women on my FB changed their relationship status to "single" a couple times...only to change it back to "married to _____" in a couple of days. Obviously they didn't become truly single in those days...nobody filed for divorce...they just got into a fight with their husbands so they pull immature shit like this! It's pretty annoying...it's childish, self-centered, and emotionally manipulative...not just to the husbands, but to everyone who truly cares/d for their happiness. 

It's one thing to change your status to "It's complicated" because sure, marriage CAN and DOES get complicated from time to time. But it takes A LOT to go from "married" to "single", like actually being separated...and even then, you're not truly single until the divorce is final. 

Before any of you reply with "It's just FB" or other similar response, obviously, this isn't just about Facebook statuses...what's annoying is the mindset...the motive behind the status change in the first place. If you can go from telling everyone you're married to telling them you're single (even when you're not) with the tap of a button, your marriage must not mean much to you. And if it doesn't, why not just go, if you really need to be out of it? 

End rant!

**Disclaimer: I am specifically talking about MARRIED women who change their status to SINGLE but still live in the home with their husbands and don't separate or file for divorce...and then change it back when they've made up. If you don't do this, then this obviously doesn't apply to you!**  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Bump! I know, I know...it's too early for this crap, lol.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:14 AM
17 moms liked this
Facebook sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lalalie
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:15 AM
3 moms liked this

That's odd. I've accidentally changed mine before, because I was trying to link my SO's name like some people can since he created a FB way after me. But to change it over a stupid fight? That's really, really immature.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:15 AM
3 moms liked this

People suck.

Quoting owl0210:

Facebook sucks.

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:15 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't pay attention to their realtionship status nor do I care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angevil53
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:16 AM
4 moms liked this
Oh yeah anytime i fight with my dh i immediately think oh i need to change my fb status! Lol these kids need to grow up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Sadly, it happens more often than you think.

Quoting Lalalie:

That's odd. I've accidentally changed mine before, because I was trying to link my SO's name like some people can since he created a FB way after me. But to change it over a stupid fight? That's really, really immature.

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Maybe they were hacked?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Tru dat! Lol

Quoting angevil53:

Oh yeah anytime i fight with my dh i immediately think oh i need to change my fb status! Lol these kids need to grow up.

Caitlin1983
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this
That is extremely immature. I have a friend who litteraly calls me once a week to tell me that she and her husband are done. They had a huge fight and she is filing for divorce. They have only been married a year and throw the word divorce around all the time. Ridiculous!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)