Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Changed her relationship status to single"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I've had a few married women on my FB changed their relationship status to "single" a couple times...only to change it back to "married to _____" in a couple of days. Obviously they didn't become truly single in those days...nobody filed for divorce...they just got into a fight with their husbands so they pull immature shit like this! It's pretty annoying...it's childish, self-centered, and emotionally manipulative...not just to the husbands, but to everyone who truly cares/d for their happiness. 

It's one thing to change your status to "It's complicated" because sure, marriage CAN and DOES get complicated from time to time. But it takes A LOT to go from "married" to "single", like actually being separated...and even then, you're not truly single until the divorce is final. 

Before any of you reply with "It's just FB" or other similar response, obviously, this isn't just about Facebook statuses...what's annoying is the mindset...the motive behind the status change in the first place. If you can go from telling everyone you're married to telling them you're single (even when you're not) with the tap of a button, your marriage must not mean much to you. And if it doesn't, why not just go, if you really need to be out of it? 

End rant!

**Disclaimer: I am specifically talking about MARRIED women who change their status to SINGLE but still live in the home with their husbands and don't separate or file for divorce...and then change it back when they've made up. If you don't do this, then this obviously doesn't apply to you!**  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Replies (11-20):
JenieceMojica
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:17 AM
I cant stand that crap either... The only time i ever did that was when I had to make a new page and I had to remove him as my husband on the old page and add him on my new one. But your right it is so immature.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leota29
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:17 AM
I accidentally changed mine once but it was because I was trying to fix the in a relationship date on it :( and of course some dumb bitch that I never should have had on my friends list in the first place had some stupid shit to say lol. It was when it switched to timeline and I didn't know what I was really doing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Quoting LyTe684:

Maybe they were hacked?

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:18 AM
I agree. It's annoying when people take to social networks every time their significant other looks at them wrong. Why let the public into your private life?
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Oh Jesus

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LyTe684:

Maybe they were hacked?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. My Dh and I were on the brink if divorce at one point and I never changed my relationship status from married. I really didn't want the drama. Idk why ppl do that either.
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:19 AM

That sounds so high school. I don't know that I'd want to be friends with people that immature.

It's Cassandra Cat! 

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:19 AM

I don't air my business on FB in that way....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Some people will do dumb stuff to get attention.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree. My Dh and I were on the brink if divorce at one point and I never changed my relationship status from married. I really didn't want the drama. Idk why ppl do that either.

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:20 AM

rolling on floor

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LyTe684:

Maybe they were hacked?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN