Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Changed her relationship status to single"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I've had a few married women on my FB changed their relationship status to "single" a couple times...only to change it back to "married to _____" in a couple of days. Obviously they didn't become truly single in those days...nobody filed for divorce...they just got into a fight with their husbands so they pull immature shit like this! It's pretty annoying...it's childish, self-centered, and emotionally manipulative...not just to the husbands, but to everyone who truly cares/d for their happiness. 

It's one thing to change your status to "It's complicated" because sure, marriage CAN and DOES get complicated from time to time. But it takes A LOT to go from "married" to "single", like actually being separated...and even then, you're not truly single until the divorce is final. 

Before any of you reply with "It's just FB" or other similar response, obviously, this isn't just about Facebook statuses...what's annoying is the mindset...the motive behind the status change in the first place. If you can go from telling everyone you're married to telling them you're single (even when you're not) with the tap of a button, your marriage must not mean much to you. And if it doesn't, why not just go, if you really need to be out of it? 

End rant!

**Disclaimer: I am specifically talking about MARRIED women who change their status to SINGLE but still live in the home with their husbands and don't separate or file for divorce...and then change it back when they've made up. If you don't do this, then this obviously doesn't apply to you!**  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Hmm...that just made me think...ever notice how the more immature a person is, the more they "share"?

Quoting NikiOcasio:

I think it's stupid to even change it to complicated.. Some people need to learn to keep their marital issues betweeen them and their husbands.. Not between them and the whole world of facebook. 

Just goes to show you their maturity level.

JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:25 AM
I only did it because he(now ex) was going around telling people lots of crap. While I hadn't planned on putting the info out there, once he posted that I asked for a divorce on his public page, I said screw it. Lol

Quoting NikiOcasio:

I think it's stupid to even change it to complicated.. Some people need to learn to keep their marital issues betweeen them and their husbands.. Not between them and the whole world of facebook. 

Just goes to show you their maturity level.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
heartagram_girl
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:26 AM

I agree with you, and even some men do it too. 2 years ago, DH and I had a major fight, and while we still lived together and made up 4 days later, I found out 2 weeks afterwards his status was SINGLE. Talk about hurt and worried about him cheating.

Marriage is complicated I will say that. What I dont agree with is putting something like that on your profile unless you are POSITIVE only your friends will see it, if you want them to. I dont want everyone knowing my business, especially when DH and I have a fight.

CafeMom Tickers
Caitlin1983
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Me too. I always tell her "come on, you know you guys aren't 't getting divorced, I don't know why you always say that". And she says "no, seriously this time. It's over. "

Not to mention they've been together 6 years, married 1 and have 2 kids together.

Quoting kbutton24:

I have a friend who does the same! I even hesitate answering the phone when she calls lately. It's always drama...

Quoting Caitlin1983:

That is extremely immature. I have a friend who litteraly calls me once a week to tell me that she and her husband are done. They had a huge fight and she is filing for divorce. They have only been married a year and throw the word divorce around all the time. Ridiculous!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Didn't you know fb is truth?!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Quoting heartagram_girl:

I agree with you, and even some men do it too. 2 years ago, DH and I had a major fight, and while we still lived together and made up 4 days later, I found out 2 weeks afterwards his status was SINGLE. Talk about hurt and worried about him cheating.

Marriage is complicated I will say that. What I dont agree with is putting something like that on your profile unless you are POSITIVE only your friends will see it, if you want them to. I dont want everyone knowing my business, especially when DH and I have a fight.

MeghanPerez
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:29 AM
I have an ex-aunt who does that. She changed her status from married to single and everybody started asking her what happened. She said she just did it to piss her husband off because he wouldn't give her money for something she wanted. Childish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paigesmommy5264
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:29 AM
I'm engaged and even when we argue, neither of us have been immature to change our relationship status.
Kitschy
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:30 AM
The whole idea that changing your fb status at all to reflect a mood is hilarious to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Glad to hear she is an ex-aunt then! Lol

Quoting MeghanPerez:

I have an ex-aunt who does that. She changed her status from married to single and everybody started asking her what happened. She said she just did it to piss her husband off because he wouldn't give her money for something she wanted. Childish.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)