Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What iF your S/O tells you........

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
We're not on the same brain wave? - In his words- "We don't think alike?- is this something I should be worried about? - The way I see it, Why would we have to like alike? We do agree on lots of things but there are times where my views are opposite from his.- He told me that I'm more Black and White and He's Black Grey and White. And I defiantly disagree.
- To be in a relationship, Do you HAVE to think Alike in all aspects???

- I've been with this guy Five years
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kitschy
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:44 AM
My husband and I are opposite it most ways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
indymom72
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:44 AM

no..my husband and I are very different.

butterflyblue19
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:45 AM

It depends on where you differ. There are big ones that can ruin a relationship (politics,religion,how to raise kids)

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Of course you don't have to agree. You are your own person, and he is his. What's important is that you both respect each other can can always work out whatever it is that you don't agree on.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:45 AM

well its important to be on the same page about many things. Raising children, finances, goals for the future, If you can't agree your life will be hell.

rhope4
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:45 AM
It would be boring if you were TOO MUCH alike.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:45 AM
You don't have to think alike you are two different people. If you don't agree than just agree to disagree.

There's things me and my df don't agree on, but if it involves the kids we work it out till we do. We have come to a comprise that if it involves the kids its my choice what they do and what happens. He makes their rules and I enforce them. It works for us.
AleaKat
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:47 AM
My husband and I are complete opposites on a lot if things but we compliment each other well.
He is very black and white
And I see the grey areas.

It's good to have both in a relationship!
He is very scientific/ mathematical and I'm the creative artistic one. We make a great team and as cheesy as it sounds we complete each other.

We completely remodeled our so s rooms together and found that we make a great team! He handles the financial planning and budgeting and measurements and I'm the decorator creative planner. It works out great! We've had people tell us we need to open a business together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:47 AM
I personally feel its much better to think alike and have the same mentality about the majority of things.

When DH and I are not on the same page its just frustrating. Luckily that's not often, and having the same idea when it comes to important decisions makes them simple and easy.

If my DH said that to me, my feelings would be hurt because it would be meant badly, and I would feel we were drifting apart.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Hell no you don't have to be alike. My parents say the only interest they have incommon are their kids. They have been happily married for 33 years. Hell they still act like teenagers. They walk around holding hands, my Mom sits on my dads lap. I have even caught them on the back roads late at night.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)