Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O Walmart ...

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:53 AM
  • 46 Replies
2 moms liked this

So i keep finding these walmart posts about the people that go to walmart. And almost all the people that "admit" to wearing yoga pants/pj's to the infamous walmart all have some excuse following it. "ONLY because" i was pregnant or hurt or sick or some other "reason". What is so hard about saying that you went to walmart in pj's/yoga pants/lounge pants because its walmart? I dont get it. Who cares what you wear. Its fricken walmart!! its not like you are going to a 5 start restaurant or a formal. Its walmart. You are there to get the 4 things you came in to buy + the 5 or so random things you have no need for, but they were so cheap you had to get it.

I wear my hot pink peace and love fuzzy jammie pants, one of dh big t shirts and hair up in a messy bun to walmart BECAUSE I WANT TO!!! I am not going out on a date. I am going to WALMART!!! what is the big deal. If i happen to be dressed in regular clothes and stop off at walmart on my way home from work, then i go to walmart in work clothes. If i am coming from my house, I am in house clothes. What is the big deal? I really, honestly just dont understand the need for excuses. I LIKE to be comfortable when ever i can. I like to be comfortable when i have to walk around a huge store and weave in and out of isles and people. I have no shame in LIKING to be comfy! I have no excuse other then I AM COMFORTABLE WHO CARES!!

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Because people who tend to say this don't really care about looking nice.  So - whatever.  I do anything I can to avoid EVER going to Walmart.  HATE that place.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:56 AM

When I was pregnant I went everywhere in yoga pants because it is all that would fit. I wouldn't wear them any more because they are all stretched out :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:57 AM
I'd be scared if people went to Walmart naked. Pajamas I don't really mind.
aimhawk
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Always in my blue jeans. It is just as easy to slip them on as it is pajama bottoms.

gabeybaby07
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM

exactly. if people are covered with clothing, does it really matter what it is they are wearing. id rather see some one in walmart wearing footie pj's then out there in their bday suit

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd be scared if people went to Walmart naked. Pajamas I don't really mind.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't understand what the problem is with wearing yoga pants in public. I worked at a law office and wore yoga pants to work almost every day. Especially after I got pregnant. No one ever said anything. I never knew there was anything wrong with it until Cafemom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I hate Walmart as well. Unless I'm going to the gym, or have to get some milk on the way home from the gym, I try to look nice! I took my kids to school this morning(my day off) in jeans and a sweater. Granted, I was not wearing makeup like I would for work, but I was dressed. This is comfy for me. I feel not dressed going out in pjs.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I wear Yoga Pants and the matching top to all stores and not just Walmart, lol

VannaMae307
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I don't shop at walmart so I don't understand the mindset of the dress code dos and donts

Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I find all the walmart posts funny because the walmarts near me are nothing like people describe lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)