Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Alli Diet Pills

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:54 AM
  • 28 Replies

I was shopping this weekend and bought an Alli starter kit on a whim. I need to lose about 50 lbs. In 2011 I worked out 4 days a week at my local gym taking classes. I loved them. But I pulled something one day and it lead to excruciating back pain. It took me a while to heal and now I've lost my motivation to go to the gym. I will start eventually but I thought I'd take these pills to start me off. I'm the type who really needs to work at keeping the weight off or it creeps up on me fast.

Anyhow, I don't know anything about these except for what I've heard or seen on tv. I was reading through some reviews on Amazon and people are saying that the pills gives them the "runs". I don't want this. Who wants to deal with that? I haven't opened the box yet so I thought I'd check on here. Have you tried it or know anyone who has? Does it work? And most of all, does it really give you the shits?

If it turns out people have had a bad time with these pills I will return the kit. I don't want to deal with the runs. One guy suggested that you only wear black underwear?! Ew.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I haven't personally tried them but, what I heard was that they only give you diarrhea if you eat stuff that has a very high fat content. 

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:57 AM

one of the side effects is "oily anal discharge"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:57 AM
I haven't taken them but any fat blocker like Ali can cause anal leakage and runny stools because the fat is not absorbed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Greasy anal seepage is enough to turn me off.

Suck it up and go to the gym and count your calories.
armywifey26
by Krissy on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:59 AM

They sucked. I hated them and ended up giving mine away. Such a waste of money 

ALWsMomma
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this
A friend tried them. She accidentally shat herself in her brand new car.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

one of the side effects is "oily anal discharge"

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cyork2
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:59 AM
one of my coworkers shit herself at work years ago when these came out. I think if you stick to a non fatty diet you won't poop your pants, but I really don't know. Anything that has anal leakage as a side effect, I tend to stay away from.
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:00 AM
They work but you better pick the boiled chicken with just salt and pepper over the burger or you will have anal leakage.
AndBabyMade5
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:01 AM
My mom did it and did great but it is in ADDITION to a healthy diet. You cannot eat whatever you want and take this pill. If you take it with a high fat meal, it will cause some unpleasant side effects....

You have to be a good self-policer and you have to KNOW what you are putting in your mouth. If you've already adapted a healthy eating pattern or plan on embracing one, this would be a good way to go....if you're just hoping to eat whatever and take a magic pill...this isn't the way to go.

Good luck either way.
Tyrneathem
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:03 AM

They force you to really watch your fat intake, because eating too much fat could cause unfortunate "side effects." My doctor had me try them as one of many attempts to sort out just why the heck I can't seem to lose weight. I didn't suffer any "leaking" of any sort... as a vegetarian, there simply isn't that much fat in my diet anyway. They were actually useless for me because of this, but if you do eat fattier foods they could be great motivation. I found green coffee pills were much more effective for me. I blogged about it here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)