Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Assisted suicide

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Should it be legal? It is in 3 states.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Replies (21-30):
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Yes, I think it should be legal if the person has had a thourough evaluation. It is no one else's choice who should live or die and if someone wants to go about it the right way and make sure they are doing things legally and aren't making a rash decision then yes, I think they should have the right to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:48 AM
No
sarah824
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I think it should be. I live in a state where it is.

Zacksmama82411
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I voted no, but only because in my state, they don't actually assist, they would have just prescribed pills, and said "good luck" So if something went wrong, and the individual ends up in severe pain, doesn't die, and ends up with issues, I don't think that's right... (granted there are always side effects to medication, I just don't believe in the way they would have done it here)

ElitestJen
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Yes.  People should have the right to decide if they want to live or die.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I also think it should be in all 50 states.

The government should not have a hand in how long our suffering should last.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:54 AM
That is precisely why. People will and why not have a doctor help the right way?

Quoting Zacksmama82411:

I voted no, but only because in my state, they don't actually assist, they would have just prescribed pills, and said "good luck" So if something went wrong, and the individual ends up in severe pain, doesn't die, and ends up with issues, I don't think that's right... (granted there are always side effects to medication, I just don't believe in the way they would have done it here)

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I feel very strongly, yes, and I think it's coming in all 50 states some day. A person shouldn't have to travel when they're dying just to be able to end their life legally. It's ridiculous that we put family members at risk of being prosecuted for helping loved ones die. I think my in-laws were too nice to ask me, but I would've if they had.

CutieCrab
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Yes
cLanief
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Yup.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN