Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's with all the Beyonce hate?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:15 AM
  • 66 Replies

Did she do something bad recently. I just ask because there have been a ton of threads all over cafemom this morning bashing her. I personally don't care for her so it doesn't bother me one way or the other I was just curious.

It's Cassandra Cat! 

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tennisgal
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:19 AM
4 moms liked this

No hate her for her...BUT I WANT SOME MORE DAMN CLOTHES ON THOSE PERFORMERS! Why do I have to explain to my son why they are wearing their underwear on stage or divert his attention to something else. Obviously tons of families are watching this....can we be a bit more appropriate PLEASE!

VannaMae307
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Last week it was Nicki Minaj. Next week it will be someone else.

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:23 AM

ok. I don't really keep up on celebrities so I thought maybe she had done something. lol

Quoting VannaMae307:

Last week it was Nicki Minaj. Next week it will be someone else.

MomTo2Boys12
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:23 AM
3 moms liked this
What I'm not understanding, is that if these things are so inappropriate why do people continue watching? Not only continue watching but keep their kids in the room and get even more upset as the thing continues... What is so hard about changing the channel until the halftime show is done? You know there will be a halftime show, why continue watching it instead of changing the channel to something more child appropriate?

Quoting tennisgal:

No hate her for her...BUT I WANT SOME MORE DAMN CLOTHES ON THOSE PERFORMERS! Why do I have to explain to my son why they are wearing their underwear on stage or divert his attention to something else. Obviously tons of families are watching this....can we be a bit more appropriate PLEASE!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:23 AM

i know! let the woman live. she does what sells, we don't all have to like her or agree with what she wears or how she dances or anything else but seriously, it's not that serious lol dont like, dont watch or listen to her!

Pink.Sunshine
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:24 AM
6 moms liked this

She hasn't done anything bad. Ladies just hating. If Madonna wore the same outfit, gyrating as her usual self, no one would have one post about her.

dbrown1989
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:24 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't get it either. It's not like she's the first one to perform in skanky clothes. Personally, I thought she looked hot.

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting tennisgal:

It's a costume, dude.  You see more skin at the beach.

I will say that her continuous hair whipping was obnoxious, but otherwise the performance was acceptable.  I'm glad she sang (mostly) live after the verbal smack down she received WRT the inauguration.

AdellesMom
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I will never understand why people think these things are appropriate for children to watch. If a child is in the room, either turn the channel, or make them play in another room.

But, it's a dang costume. Sheesh.

Quoting tennisgal:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I love Beyonce'! He is the greatest big metal chicken ever. Oh, wait, you are probably talking about the other one. Eh. I don't know. I heard she made the typical fool of herself last night at the super game of the foosball.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN