Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Needs y'all's opinions on registries

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:40 AM
  • 7 Replies
My fiancé and I are going to elope and then have a reception here. We are living together and have everything we need but are both well aware that people will want to buy us things.

The problem I see is we will start trying for a baby the moment we get married so 7 months or so after we get married we will be having a baby shower.

He said for our wedding we should register at target and bed bath and beyond and I'm wondering if we should just register at once place. Again we don't need a whole lot, things like kitchen utensils and sheets and pictures frames are all I can think of off the top of my head that we would want, nothing really expensive but I'm wondering if it will be tacky to have a baby registry a few months later where there will be expensive things on the list.

How would we handle everything?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I don't think I would plan anything around the possibility of a baby shower since you don't know how long it will take to get pregnant.

Register where you want for the wedding - if it happens to be all in one place then only register there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:47 AM
We had a quick wedding. We didn't register anywhere because we already live together for 5 yrs didn't need anything. We got a lot of cash and picture frames. It was nice.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:48 AM
True, It may take us longer to get pregnant. I guess I'm just worried people are going to find it offensive it everything happens all at once.

Quoting WifeyC:

I don't think I would plan anything around the possibility of a baby shower since you don't know how long it will take to get pregnant.

Register where you want for the wedding - if it happens to be all in one place then only register there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I honestly never thought about it like that.  My wedding shower was in August 2007 and the baby shower in August 2008.

Quoting Roxygurl:

True, It may take us longer to get pregnant. I guess I'm just worried people are going to find it offensive it everything happens all at once.

Quoting WifeyC:

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:50 AM
I registered at amazon, it's the easiest and people can find the stuff elsewhere too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:57 AM
That's not a bad idea! Thanks.

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

I registered at amazon, it's the easiest and people can find the stuff elsewhere too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)