Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wedding reception in a restaurant?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 79 Replies
As I stated in another post my fiancé and I are going to elope and have a reception here and we are trying to figure out how and where to do the reception.

There will probably be 150 people invited. I certainly want to cut that number in at least half but I have a big family (100 of the guests are my family) and if one person is left out they will be highly offended and will never let me forget it.

So I was thinking something very informal at say a Mexican restaurant because the majority of the people love Mexican food and I was thinking a fajita buffet.

It would also cut down on the headache and such because I wouldn't have to worry about decorating and no one has to dress up.

Would you go to a wedding reception at a restaurant? There will be no booze because of several recovering alcoholics but there will be unlimited sodas tea and water along with chicken and beef fajitas with all the fixings including beans and rice and a cake.

Small update, found a place! It's a BBQ place with a banquet room that can hold up to 300 people and we can either do fajitas or BBQ. Same price about 16 bucks a person including drinks so I'm thinking that's the way we will go.

Joes in Alvin is the name if anyone knows of it and can give me honest reviews of the place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:58 AM

There is nothing wrong with that if it is what you want

my rehearsal dinner was a BBQ in my parents back yard

MrsCountryMama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Yes it would be fun and low key.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:00 AM
We did talk about doing it at my grandmothers house but we are thinking of getting married in July and this is Texas, way too hot and my grandmothers house/backyard can't accommodate that many people.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

There is nothing wrong with that if it is what you want

my rehearsal dinner was a BBQ in my parents back yard

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm eating Mexican today... Thanks for the craving >=O
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funny_girl3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:01 AM

When I'm invited to a wedding reception I don't care where it is, I go to show my support and celebrate with my friend or family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope. Not fan of restaurant receptions, hate Mexican food and if I have to deal with those things I expect alcohol.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Absolutely....

A restaurant with a banquet hall or a big enough room to accommodate all of your family/friends would be great

JacksMom1221
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Sure! Call around and make sure you can find one that can/will work with you. With that many people you will likely have to reserve a time block and they'll have to call in extra staff. Some places may not want to work with you. I considered having mine at a winery. They had a beautiful restaraunt and alcohol on site. In retrospect, it would've been easier and cheaper than what we did! Congrats on your wedding!
Eta- never mind about the winery, I just saw no alcohol, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Sure.   I've been to many receptions in restaurants..... Are renting the entire place, or is a banquet room available?

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Not sure, still in the talking stage. There is a restaurant I wanted and everyone loves but they can only accommodate 45 people so I'm still looking around.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sure.   I've been to many receptions in restaurants..... Are renting the entire place, or is a banquet room available?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN