Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tax Refunds

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

Love them or hate them?

I hate them

Only because I get only $400 and payed way more in. I claimed 0 dependents on my tax forms all year, so it was deducted from my pay of course and I dont mind that. I dont qualify for EIC. I only wish it was a interest free loan for the government like some say. I imagine if I didnt have my son, I would have to pay even more. I dont think its fair that lower income people get those huge refunds which is more than what they pay in. I know thats how it works though. Kinda sucks. There needs to be an incentive for the middle/upper class income bracket. I worked hard to get to where I am today. Share your opinion on taxes without getting panties in a bunch. Remember, this is just opinions. Nothing to fight about. lol

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gemini_MomOfTwo
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Not loving it right now. Taking its time to come back
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Moki75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:30 AM
2 moms liked this

they need a special forum just for all these damn tax posts

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I like them because we are paying off both cars with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I'll be the first to say that i don't really understand how income level effects tax returns. But dh made 120k this year and we got $7,000 back. He's made more this year than ever before and in past years we've always gotten $5-8k.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Are anyone elses taxes being held due to the goverment not being ready to process certian credits. Mine is for my education credit (full time studnet). 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Yes.  :-/

Quoting Anonymous:

Are anyone elses taxes being held due to the goverment not being ready to process certian credits. Mine is for my education credit (full time studnet). 

VannaMae307
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I got $12 this year. Last 3 years we paid. I'll take it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Really? I dont understand it either. I have one kid and my husband is a full time student. I dont make as much as your household. Maybe I'm missing something. I was told its because I was in the next tax bracket.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'll be the first to say that i don't really understand how income level effects tax returns. But dh made 120k this year and we got $7,000 back. He's made more this year than ever before and in past years we've always gotten $5-8k.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Yup! I have no freaking idea. I  really wish I understood this crap lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? I dont understand it either. I have one kid and my husband is a full time student. I dont make as much as your household. Maybe I'm missing something. I was told its because I was in the next tax bracket.

Quoting Anonymous:

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Never had a problem with them until CafeMom.  I'm so effing sick of every other post being about them and all of the bitching and moaning that comes along with it.  If you're financially smart enough throughout the year, half the mothers on here wouldn't be so damned dependant on them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)