Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you live in this? pic heavy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 384 Replies
1 mom liked this

We are renting a 4 bedroom, 1 bathroom house old farm house with a full basement for $650.00 a month. We could BUY this mobile home that is 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms, built in 2006, and on 1.06 acres of land for around $290.00 a month. It is within 5 miles from where we are currently renting. Would you live in this trailer for a few years while finishing school and getting a better job? I would feel like my money is actually going towards something instead of being thrown away in rent. And if we decide to stay in this area after finishing school then we could probably move the trailer off the land and build the house we actually want later on. This would be a small sacrifice for size because we would have 2 adults and 4 kids so our 3 boys would have to share a room. But would it be worth it in the long run? 

Pics: 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:29 AM
4 moms liked this

I would!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:29 AM
13 moms liked this
Yes. It would be worth it to save all of that money every month. Then, when you guys are ready to upgrade, you can rent out this trailer and use it as added income.
cLanief
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:31 AM
It's nice for a mobile except the outside looked little crappy. Its not bad. But too small for my liking.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Junesmommy18
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haunted.mommy
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Yes, where I live most everyone lives in a mobile home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM
4 moms liked this

UMMMM YES!!!!!  TAKE it Buy instead of rent, you would be saving money.. yes living would be cramped for a bit BUT, the extra money you would be spending on rent put aside in an extra savings acct, when taxes come back take a percentage of that and put that into the savings as well... after a few years you will have enough to start the building, you keep the trailer and live in it while you build the other house... you can slowly build with the money you would have been spending in rent...

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM
3 moms liked this
Fuck yeah! That is really nice. I wish there was something like that around here!
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:33 AM
3 moms liked this

It looks nice inside and much bigger than I would have thought a trailer home would be.

Just fix up the outside a  bit and you will have a really nice home

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I would. We looked at a few mobile homes to buy, the only issue we had was small master bedrooms so most of them were a no cause we would couldn't even fit out bed into some, others had lot rent and that wasn't happening. That's a lot of land for that price and I would for sure go for it if the home is good.

AprilDJC
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Would the 3 boys be in that small bedroom? That woukd be really tight for them. Maybe if u gave them the master bedroom depending their ages. My boys are 14 & 15 and I gave them the master bedroom in our 2 br apartment and I.share the other room with my daughter lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)