Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's your say on Child Safety Harness???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I've been thinking of getting one for my 2 yr old daughter but SO doesn't want to put a LEASH on her, as he calls it.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Replies (11-20):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

the funny thing is we say that it is like for a dog

don't we put our dogs on a leash to keep them safe?

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I don't like them much and wouldn't use one, but if you want to get one, then do it. I'm only guessing here, but I'm assuming that you are the one who has to keep her close by in public? Maybe assign running after her to your husband and see if that changes his mind at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:44 AM
I haven't used one, but I'm not against it. If we where visiting a very busy place, I would consider it. My kid is only 2 so I just put em in the cart or stroller
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:44 AM

If they had those things when mine were young I would absolutely have used them.  Our oldest wandered away from us at a busy WalMart one year at Christmas when he was only three years old.  It was the most terrifying 45 minutes of my whole life, and could have been prevented by using a harness, had such a thing existed back then.   My DH's parents had more than one child at their daycare who would also have been much safer with a harness - one of them had a really bad case of AD/HD along with a few other issues and more than once had to be rescued from a tree.  I will NEVER judge someone who uses a harness on their young children in busy public places.  As a matter of fact, I would applaud them for having common sense and caring enough about their children to take that extra step to try to insure their safety.

fairyjester
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

It's meant for animals. Not children. I think it's degrading and disrespectful to children.

caskets are better?

"oh look they ate a baby,  how rude"---  Monroe

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:46 AM
I hardly walk my dogs on leashes. I wouldn't put my kid in the same field as an animal. They have hands. I hold them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SLMitchell
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Loved my Boba!  It holds children from infancy to around 45 pounds easily, and can be used as a backpack style carrier for toddlers:

fairyjester
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

the funny thing is we say that it is like for a dog

don't we put our dogs on a leash to keep them safe?

I guess that means for some people their dogs are more important than their children.

"oh look they ate a baby,  how rude"---  Monroe

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:46 AM
I have dive kids close in age and have never needed to use a leash and have never even come close to having a child hit by a car. But we teach our children from the time they can walk to stay right near us in the store or wherever.
sfkdny
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I say whatever keeps your child safe.  screw what anyone thinks.  the ones SO against it are probably the ones that keep their kids strapped in a stroller the whole time.  I would rather my child be able to explore, I have not had to use a harness but I am all for them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)