Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tattoo Mommas!!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:29 AM
  • 33 Replies

I am craving more ink, I have 8 tattoos and want a half sleeve done. Anyway it's been 3 years since my last one and I already cancelled my appt once because I chickened out...anyone else get super nervous before going in? I KNOW it will hurt and I usually get myself all pumped up before going in but for some reason I am getting scared this time around. It won't be a full filled in sleeve, it's gonna be a vine of morning glorys but it will be the biggest tattoo I have. So what do you do to get ready for a tattoo? And how bad does the arm hurt? Like shoulder area and underneath especially? Also is it easier to get the outline first then go back and fill in the color since it will be such a big tattoo?

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Hell no, I don't get scared! I love it. It's a rush.
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Arm doesn't hurt! I like to do it all at once but it's totally preference.
meangreen18
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:03 PM
I want more ink sooo bad! my last piece was done 7 years ago :( I love the feeling of getting a tat so I would just be excited to be getting one. I hope to get my piece done for my kids really soon.
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I never get scared. I don't think that they hurt at all.

blueeyedpixie
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:05 PM
I have a full filled in sleeve. The most painful parts were the inside wrist, directly on the elbow and the armpit(its not all the way in the armpit but close to it...).

I scheduled 4 hour sessions and he did what he wanted for the time till it was done...

I had it finished for 2 years and I need more!!! Lol. I have drawings for 7 more... But no money right now:( good luck! And can't wait to see it!!:)

Eta: once I do have the money I will be getting an extension to my sleeve going down my back and one leg;-)
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I only have one but can't wait to get more. I want to wait till I am done having children and get a calla Lilly for each one of them.

Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I thought I would have been nervous getting my tat. It was my first and only tat so far. I wasn't nervous and it didn't hurt either. I plan on getting more, I have no idea when though. My friend did the one that I have now and I'll probably have him do my next one as well.

SLMitchell
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I was eighteen and shaking the first time I went in for a tattoo.  Seriously, my signature on the consent form was barely legible...LOL.  Once the artist started though, I was perfectly calm.  I practice self-hypnosis, and I think my mind kind of goes into that state during tattoos.

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:09 PM
I have a wrist one and it didn't hurt that bad to me except when he had my arm at a weird angel, I've never been nervous before so idk why I am now :( my dh thinks it could be the artist I'm not comftorable with so I am going to meet with someone else tomorrow.

Quoting blueeyedpixie:

I have a full filled in sleeve. The most painful parts were the inside wrist, directly on the elbow and the armpit(its not all the way in the armpit but close to it...).

I scheduled 4 hour sessions and he did what he wanted for the time till it was done...

I had it finished for 2 years and I need more!!! Lol. I have drawings for 7 more... But no money right now:( good luck! And can't wait to see it!!:)

Eta: once I do have the money I will be getting an extension to my sleeve going down my back and one leg;-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)