Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone file there taxes.... Different question I promise:)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
On the 23rd or any date really and not have the IRS website or phone# update there status but received there refund?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Bump!
cmfarm
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I filed last Thursday and it says it was received but isn't accepted yet. It is driving me mad because I want to know when I will get my refund.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:51 AM
I just filled the 1st...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Yes. I have education credit so it won't come until early March.
jj4ij
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I filed before the 30th and submitted it on the 30th.  I checked the status by going to "where's my refund" in a google search, it request your SS# your filing status and the amount you are getting back.  Although I get a refund, I owe the IRS money from a couple of debts that I settled last year and apparently you have to pay taxes on the money you didn't pay, meaning if you owed 1000 and you only paid 700 you have to pay taxes on the 300$ you didn't pay.  I didn't know this.  Any way, I checked it today and It says that the money they were owed was taken out and they are scheduled to submit my money by direct deposit on the 6th, so Wednesday !   That is awesome, I figured that since I owed them the money it would hold it up a bit, but NO!   It says that it will be direct deposited the 6th and if I don't have it in my account by the 11th then call them.  I thought direct deposit meant DIRECT DEPOSITE, like directly into your account.... so I hope it is there Wednesday and they are just covering their butts : )

Good luck with yours!

luvschocolate
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I filed the 31st.  it has been accepted by the IRS but the IRS site says to wait 21 days.  it's never been that long with Efile.  Turbo Tax said to check back in 3 days .  I don't know what tne hold up is, we were on unemployment, and had taxes taken out , so maybe they have to check those forms.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Their(this is the correct spelling you're looking for)

Their is the third person plural possessive adjective, used to describe something as belong to them.

There

Adverb that means the opposite of "here"

Not to be rude, but when people mix up there, their, they're or your, you're or then, than it drives me nuts!

Anyways... 

We just filed yesterday. DH did it all and said we'll be getting it towards the end of the month. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:10 PM
And the winner is you. I was wondering how long it would take. Hahahaha

Quoting Anonymous:

Their is the third person plural possessive adjective, used to describe something as belong to them.

There

Not to be rude, but when people mix up there, their, they're or your, you're or then, than it drives me nuts!

Anyways... 

We just filed yesterday. DH did it all and said we'll be getting it towards the end of the month. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:11 PM

We filed 2/3, and ours is due in 2 weeks. It was accepted on 2/3

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:15 PM

What do I win? =D

Quoting Anonymous:

And the winner is you. I was wondering how long it would take. Hahahaha

Quoting Anonymous:

There

Anyways... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)