Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I wrong?? I feel lied to UPDATED

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Update: when he came home, without my asking, he showed me the receipts from the bank. He said it took 5 mins @ the bank, he had to take money out and put into his bro's account as per lawyers request so he could show he has money, that's another matter that I do know about. He then returned the money back to our account all in a few mins. He asked why I'm suspicious. I said one day I feel like you will up and do something to cause a situation where our family will break up. I've been a Sahm for nearly 11 years. He earns well. My teaching job will get me 35 K to raise our kids. I don't know if I can count on him through the years because of these little things he does. He said he bought this big house for us, the cars, my staying home is for me and the kids. That we will grow old together. He said money isn't everything, and it shouldn't be the only thing to keep me feeling secure.

My dh went out this morning to drop his bro off to work. It only takes about 30 mins altogether, so when it was getting to be an hour I texted dh saying I will head out for errands since you're still not home. No reply from him.

i know he is also taking the same bro to the lawyer to sort out some things for the guy. I always suspect he is paying for the lawyer fees, but it is taboo in our home to bring it up. Apparently I am lucky to be  a Sahm, I'm taken care of and o are the kids.

when I left to do my errands, I had a nagging feeling he would be at the bank. No big deal, but I followed my gut and there is our car at the bank. I text him saying what's holding him up. He says he went to the sports store as the kids needed something etc. I said, ok I thought you were at the bank till a few mins ago.

he replies no.

I said, I saw the car there. He says I saw you drive off too, why are you spying on me? I don't know either. I knew he probably was taking money out to pay the lawyer. The same month, where he said he didn't have enough to give me my usual monthly spending money.

im hurt, I told him if I lied how would you feel? I'm your wife you should include me on what's going on. I unloaded a lot of feelings. Etc etc. we ended up in a huge fight. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:59 PM
You want her to get a Jon? No OP, no need to become a hooker.

Quoting silverdawn99:

Lol i see a lot of things wrong

You should feel lucky? That alone would make me get a jon
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Yeah, I wasn't thinking that:)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting silverdawn99:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:10 PM
He shouldn't have lied to you but money isn't everything. And if you think it is there is more wrong with you than him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:12 PM

MY husband has the idea that he is "Mr SUPER Jesus-like" so he gave money away and gave money away.....

We have no money now... he gave so much away to anyone who asked.... now he wishes he could retire, but he CAN't.   It bit him in the butt.

He would always tell me God will provide!  we have to give to others...well.............I have never seen God provide a retirement fund yet, out of his blue heaven...............so far, it's Social Security that "provides" and provides a pittance, too.

Made me realize my father was RIGHT- he taught us to NOT depend on anyone, be educated, be independent...

I'm going back to school now.  At my age.............who have thought?   It made me sort of turned off to the Christian bit too.... I think my husband is DAFT.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Lol, my husband is named John, but didn't know what a "jon" was.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting silverdawn99:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Nevertheless, still wondering about today's events:( no real answers.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, my husband is named John, but didn't know what a "jon" was.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting silverdawn99:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
You sound spoiled and unappreciative.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:21 PM

How so?

Quoting Anonymous:

You sound spoiled and unappreciative.

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:30 PM

lol meant job

i was on my nook and it typed the wrong letter

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting silverdawn99:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:13 PM
I would tell him its not about the money its about trust and that he shouldn't have to sneak around about finances. You guys are a unit so it is both of yours business. Being open and honest is important.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)