Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm terrified and freaking out!! Please help me!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:50 AM
  • 30 Replies
So I went to the dr last Friday and had asked about my placenta being low lying cuz when in had my ultrasound in dec the tech had mentioned it, or so I thought. And I had it with my previous kids. But always corrected itself with time. Well the dr told me that it wasn't the case. She told me my baby has a marginal umbilical cord. Which means the cord isn't attached in the middle but on the edge of the placenta. This could cause low birth weight as not enough nutrients can reach the baby. Also poses a higher risk for csection if the cord is too low. I am terrified to have a csection and absolutely DO NOT want to do that. also I'm worried that my baby won't be healthy if she can't get all the nutrients she needs. I have to go in for a level 2 ultrasound on Wednesday and I'm so worried! My appt was supposed to be next week but I'm freaking out and couldn't wait that long. So I called and made a soon appt. Has anyone ever experienced this? We're ur babies healthy? I could use advice, stories or even some funnies to occupy my mind til Wednesday!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annhart19
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhope4
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:55 AM

No help here, but here's a bump.  Maybe someone else has experienced this.  Sending hugs!

annhart19
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Thanks!

Quoting rhope4:

No help here, but here's a bump.  Maybe someone else has experienced this.  Sending hugs!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:02 PM
My bby was low birth weight at 8 months he weighed 3 lbs 8 oz he was healthy had to stay in the nicu for 2 weeks but that put him at 8& 1/2 months and he was over 5 lbs still tiny but now he is almost 1 yr and is normal.and I had a csection..its ok mama if you need it get it its not worth risking the life of your baby I also.wanted a normal vaginal delivery but ass soon as they said his heart rate kept dropping I said do the csection.im not going to lie to you its painful the first day especially if your chubby but after walking its not that bad.
annhart19
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Thanks. The csection just scares me. I also don't like the fact that I won't be able to hold, feed, and bond with my baby right away

Quoting Anonymous:

My bby was low birth weight at 8 months he weighed 3 lbs 8 oz he was healthy had to stay in the nicu for 2 weeks but that put him at 8& 1/2 months and he was over 5 lbs still tiny but now he is almost 1 yr and is normal.and I had a csection..its ok mama if you need it get it its not worth risking the life of your baby I also.wanted a normal vaginal delivery but ass soon as they said his heart rate kept dropping I said do the csection.im not going to lie to you its painful the first day especially if your chubby but after walking its not that bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I had high-risk pregnancies with two of mine, but never anything like that.  Sending up good thoughts and prayers for you and your little one.  *** Hugs ***  Hang in there, and hard as it might be, try not to let it stress you too much, because stress can make things worse.  Hope you get better news at your next ultrasound.

Aleta775
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I found out at my 36wk appointment that I would have to have a c-section because my dd was breech. We got through it okay, and so will you. It was scary and it was not at all what I hoped for and planned. However, it was better for my dd to be born that way. She's a super happy 3.5 yo. 

squeakersmama
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Hugs!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Don't worry, the doctors will take care of you. Sorry, I have no experience, but I am sure you're in good hands.

Lalalie
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:34 PM

=/ I haven't, sorry but GL! I hope the best for you and your little one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN