Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I HATE my husband!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 110 Replies
When we got together he had a job, a car, a house and was very respectful. We've been married 8 years now and have 3 beautiful daughters together. Up until two years ago I was a sahm and I homeschooled my children. Well all of a sudden dh came home one day and said he quit his job. What!? He swore he was going to find another and fast. Well we went through out savings and ended up having to fall back on pa all the while he says he's looking for a job. He wasn't. I eventually was able to find a job. Having no work history whatsoever it took a while and its just min wadge and not enough. I work 50+ hours a week while dh is sitting home with the kids, playing, taking naps, and playing game systems. Is house work getting done and dinner cooked? Not a chance. I get out of work at 8 pm rush home thaw dinner because he always puts back what I get out, cook it get the kids baths and into bed. I also have to make sure their schoolwork is done. After they're in bed I have to clean because he didn't clean a thing all day. What the heck!? I can't stand the sight of him anymore. And IF he does clean something (dishes maybe) I'm supposed to praise him and compliment him on it and treat him like a damn king for actually doing something. Help me! I'm jealous as heck that I have to work and he won't. I'm missed my dds first steps, her first words she's asleep when I. Leave for work and headed to bed as soon as I get everything done when I'm home. Any advice????
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:57 AM
I should also add that I have horrible depression, I'm socially akward, I have anxiety going into public and driving scared the heck out of me. Oh and my checks, what doesn't go to bills goes straight to his pocket. I've needed new work pants for 6 months now and still have gotten them because I have no money because of him. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:00 PM
4 moms liked this

You tell him he either pulls his weight around the house or gets a job, he does neither, than you and the kids are gone!

starbuckmom03
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Time to sit down and have a nice heart to heart chat with him.  What he is doing is unacceptable.  His pride is probably hurt because he can't find a job.  Might help if he was actually looking for a job tho.  Is he actively seeking a job?

And quit giving him money.  Take some and get yourself some pants!

Hot_Badonkadonk
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I wouldn't put up with that for a second. Have you talked to him about it?

sthflachk
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:02 PM
6 moms liked this
Um...put your foot down? You have a spine...use it. Take the controllers to work with you. Change the password on the computer or WiFi. Don't cook him food just the kids.

If he wants to act like a child treat him like one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:06 PM
6 moms liked this

Find a divorce lawyer.  Move out with your kids, figure out new child care and let the manboy that you are married to... fend for himself....

Edited to add....  as far as your check goes... open an account in YOUR name that HE is unable to get to.  If directly deposited then switch it to your new account, if it is a paper check... deposit in your solo account. Don't let him have access to your money.  Pay the bills and tell him to fuck off.  What size pants do you need and what color???  Maybe someone can help you with that...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:07 PM

D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Big shout out to you for stepping up when he quit, but you shouldn't have to do this alone when you have an able bodied husband sitting @ home.

the4mutts
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:07 PM
4 moms liked this
Get your own friggin bank account for starters, then dont give him a single dime. Also, dont do a goddamned thing for him! Dont wash his clothes, dont buy him whatever he likes for groceries. As a matter of fact, make it a point to buy things he hates. Tell him when he gets off his ass and helps around the house, he'll earn some consideration. Jesus christ, what a dick!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:08 PM

My advice? Divorce.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Why is it okay for a SAHM to not do shit around the house and if a man complains he is an asshole that doesnt understand how hard it is taking care of kids all day? But it is not okay for a man to do the same....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN