Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O of playing house.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

Ok, I have seen that a lot of women on here like to say that if a couple isn't married, they're just playing house. So, if a woman can't biologically have a child and the married couple adopts (or not married couple for that matter), that makes them "playing house" as well. If a couple needs to be married in order for the women on here to recognize them as a valid family, I think that a woman needs to biologically have a child in order to be a real mom.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Sunshine
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I don't know. I've never lived with a man that I wasn't married to. I have zero opinion on it.

JadsW
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Who gives a shit what they think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:59 AM
What??? Why would adopting a kid change their opinion?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Hmmm. I don't get it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Oh my, it wouldn't change their opinion, but if living together is playing house, so is adopting a child who is not biologically related to the parents. When an infertile couple adopts, I see that as playing house, just like if a couple is not married, married people think they're just "playing house."

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

What??? Why would adopting a kid change their opinion?

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol. Well, I can't say I agree. But it is as ridiculous sounding as the women who claim unmarried women are "playing house".

CafeMom Tickers
mommy053008
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I get what you are saying but I just think the whole married people vs "playing house" people is dumb. It shouldn't even be a debate and yes I'm married.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I don't necessarily agree, either...just pointing out the ridiculousness of the statement in a different manner. I have been with my SO for 12 years, planned both our children and we're a family. A couple who adopts is just as much a valid, legitimate family as those who aren't married.

Quoting BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs:

Lol. Well, I can't say I agree. But it is as ridiculous sounding as the women who claim unmarried women are "playing house".

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I don't care what others think. I do what is right for us. Everyone will always have opinions on everything. I know right know there would be opinions on how I live, raise my children, my married life and so on. But what ever, they can have them.

All that matters is I do what is right for me and my family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:38 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)