Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Selfish kids = dumb parents

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:13 PM
  • 38 Replies
Do you agree? (ok but not really;)

A little story behind this post.

Yesterday my husband and I took our 2 yo dd over to our friends house. They have a 2/ 1/2 yo dd.

THEIR CHILD DOESN'T SHARE!!!! AND THEY DO NOTHING ABOUT IT!!!!! It drives me f**king nuts!! Now we don't play with her very often for that exact reason!

I understand that it could be a phase but I just got so tired of interjecting trying to teach them both to share. I mean at one point my DD came into the room with a red mark on her face. She doesn't talk completely yet so obviously she couldn't tell me but you think that the f**king adults would !!! I'm just annoyed at the whole situation and to make things worse my friend is a teacher!!! She should also know better!

I mean it's sad when you ask your 2yo if she wants to go play with so and so and she says NO and asked to see her other little friend instead.

Thoughts???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
staceysgorbach
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Ummm........don't go back?

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:15 PM
3 moms liked this

2 year olds don't share, that is developmentally appropriate

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. My kids share, have manners, and are respectful. It's very rare these days. They're still young too and are very polite. It's just a matter of teaching right from wrong. I rarely have to yell at them for not sharing or keep reminding them to. I guess I'm lucky in a way that they're so close in age. I don't blame her for not wanting to see this kid anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Both my kids did.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

luvmymonkeys27
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Realistically it's probably just a stage, but the chances are better that a child will grow out of that stage faster if their parents enforce some discipline. My kids are two and four, and they share everything with each other (even chocolate lol!) without having to be asked. 

EmilyKC
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM
My dd shares absolutely!!!! I won't tolerate that bs. And she's 2. And if she pulls something out of her friends hand I correct it and teach her the right way to play.

Quoting Anonymous:

Both my kids did.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM

yep, that's what being a parent is about. TEACHING.

Quoting EmilyKC:

My dd shares absolutely!!!! I won't tolerate that bs. And she's 2. And if she pulls something out of her friends hand I correct it and teach her the right way to play.

Quoting Anonymous:

Both my kids did.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

a 2 year old not sharing is not selfish

and you taking a toy out of her hands is not her sharing, so she really does not "know better?

scarlettsam
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Mine does.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

EmilyKC
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Right, however once I explain to her she'll learn. I don't want my kids to be disliked bc I can't guide her in the correct way to play nicely. I can't imagine how crappy it feels bc your kids don't have friends bc they are brats. Ya know. Bc it's not happening to my kids!

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

a 2 year old not sharing is not selfish

and you taking a toy out of her hands is not her sharing, so she really does not "know better?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)