Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Face cream for super dry winter skin?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:19 PM
  • 36 Replies

What do you ladies use?  We moved from Maryland, to upstate/central NY - right on Lake Ontario - and this winter is being BRUTAL to my skin.  First time in my life my knuckles have actually cracked and bled from being so dry, and my face is so damn tight and flaky.  I've never needed heavy duty moisturizer before.  Aaarrrgh!  I'm ready to coat my face in lard if it will help.  FML

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:20 PM

I use vaseline at night and wash my face in the morning then moisturize.

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Right now I'm using Aquaphor, my son is using Vaseline Intensive Rescue, I think that's what it's called.. What kind of soap do you use?

Val99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I use this stuff and it works great.

Hyaluronic Cream

Quoting Greenstone920:

What do you ladies use?  We moved from Maryland, to upstate/central NY - right on Lake Ontario - and this winter is being BRUTAL to my skin.  First time in my life my knuckles have actually cracked and bled from being so dry, and my face is so damn tight and flaky.  I've never needed heavy duty moisturizer before.  Aaarrrgh!  I'm ready to coat my face in lard if it will help.  FML

squeakersmama
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Whip up some coconut oil and use that on your face and hands :) I just started using it, your face will feel greasy for about 5 minutes then it will just be super soft. I was skeptical about it, but the only thing that was kinda working on my dd's eczema was expensive cream so I thought I would try coconut oil. It works great on her and me :) Bonus, it only cost about $7 for a jar that lasts a super long time!

AshleySail
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Coconut oil over night.. Yes it's oily, but it washes out of pillows and stuff.. Plus it's GREAT for your skin without a bunch of chemicals..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redneckmama4
by Loree on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:29 PM
A good scrub of honey and brown sugar followed by coconut oil works wonders!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
redneckmama4
by Loree on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:30 PM
If you add cornstarch, it will help with the greasy feel:)

Quoting AshleySail:

Coconut oil over night.. Yes it's oily, but it washes out of pillows and stuff.. Plus it's GREAT for your skin without a bunch of chemicals..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Meadowchik
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I love Nivea, so does my skin :)

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I use Clinique.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)