Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When did u know SAHM was for u?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
I have been a SAHM for 3 yrs. the first ur was great but as the other 2 yrs past I feel more frustrated and unaccomplished as ever! I spend more time yelling at the kids and not being home. I find ways to stay away from those 4 walls. I still maintain the home and do the shopping and make sure all are at appointments etc I guess I'm just overwhelmed? I dk... How did u know that being a SAHM was for u?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM

When my son was born. I've been home for 7 years and now I'm in school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Being a SAHM sucks. I now loathe my husband and im stuck until I can afford to leave. I lost all of my self worth. He treats me like a child and gives me $100 allowance. Fuck him and this marriage.

luvhubandbabys
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Because I knew I wasn't comfortable with daycare. Even tho u can research, do backround checks etc.. how do u really know how ur baby is being treated. Its just how I feel. I plan to work when my youngest is in prek I feel at least then he can tell me if something isn't right.

U don't have to stay at home its good u get out. When the weather is nice we go somewhere every day park zoo library etc..it sucks in the winter cuz its so cold and not much to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

When my dh and I discussed it before having kids. I knew it's what I wanted.

redneckmama4
by Loree on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:27 PM
When I become pregnant with our first. It just felt right. I have been for 14 years.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy053008
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:29 PM
When continuous daycare experiences kept failing we lo end our first daycare but after our second was born it was just too expensive. So we moved then 2 diff places and it just wasn't worth it so I decided to stay home.
lovinglife0682
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I am a sahm and I could never imagine getting an allowance. I am sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

Being a SAHM sucks. I now loathe my husband and im stuck until I can afford to leave. I lost all of my self worth. He treats me like a child and gives me $100 allowance. Fuck him and this marriage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I don't think I've ever thought that being a SAHM was 'for me'. My husband is military and with all the moves I basically had to put my career on hold. Now with two small kids at home and one income I can't even imagine paying the daycare fees, let alone finding spots for the kids. I'll be looking to return to work when my second is in full time school.

MomOfTwins...
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:31 PM

When I had my twins 7 years ago in March. They were 8 weeks early and spent 8 weeks in the NICU. Due to health issues I couldn't go back to work because they couldn't be in a daycare with other kids. They also had multiple appointments through out the week which would make it hard for me to have a job. Then when they were 18 months old we moved 1800 miles away from family for dh's job, and I found out I was pregnant with our third. At that point I didn't have any intentions on going back to work even though they boys could have been in a daycare. When the boys were 3 and dd was 1,  I went back to school full time so I didn't go stir crazy...which makes no sense now because I am always consumed with homework when ever I get free time!!! lol. Anyways, I graduate in May and plan on going back to work this Summer. The kids will be 7, 7, and 5 so they will be in school during the school year and part time daycare during the summer...so it worked out for the best for our family for me to stay home and go to school!

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I had moments during the first year of being a SAHM that I loved and some that I hated. I got pregnant with DD2 right after DD1 turned 2 and ever since I've loved it. I'm always busy but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)