Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When did u know SAHM was for u?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have been a SAHM for 3 yrs. the first ur was great but as the other 2 yrs past I feel more frustrated and unaccomplished as ever! I spend more time yelling at the kids and not being home. I find ways to stay away from those 4 walls. I still maintain the home and do the shopping and make sure all are at appointments etc I guess I'm just overwhelmed? I dk... How did u know that being a SAHM was for u?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I knew it wasn't for me after 5 years trying it.  When all the adults I knew only talked about kids and knew nothing about current events, and I felt all my knowledge and intelligence was slipping away.

Thank god i changed my life when I did.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Before we had children. But didn't think we could do it. But after being laid off a month and half before she was born. We found out we could and have been home for over 9 years.

The last two years, I have watch a family of girls. Which my girls have playmates and we have some extra cash for fun or savings.

tifbrown
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:33 PM

When I got pregnant. I wasn't ready for kids, and neither of our girls was really expected. But, I knew as soon as I as pregnant that I would be staying home with my girls. A life I never thought I wanted, but wouldn't give up for anything. 

Hot_Badonkadonk
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I've always known. Although, I haven't been able to the whole time. I'm just meant to be a SAHM. 

Saille717

I knew when my first husband and I were TTC, we discussed it and both wanted me to be able to stay at home with our son.  Of course, he was a good for nothing with no work ethic and turned out to be a hopeless case, so I climbed the ladder, had a career, and only saw my baby in the evenings between day care and his bed time, and on the way to day care in the mornings, for many years.  First as head of household, then as a single mom.

DH made it possible for me to stay home.  And now, even though the GM plant closed and we've downsized dramatically, I provide day care so that I can be at home.  If things went south and I had to go out and get a "real" job, I could and I would.  I've only had to once, so far, though.  

missamanda86

I stayed home with my kids until I left my ex husband, and honestly, idk how I did it. When I left him, I went back to work and loved it, now that Im a SAHM again, Im going nuts...but where I live, even working full time will only pay for gas and daycare...so not worth it, plus Im also in school

slw123

I've been home for almost 8 years, since my second was born.  That first year I was pretty sure I was never meant to be a SAHM, lol.  Now I love it!  Today I just shampoo'd the carpets in both kids bedrooms, I love getting things done.

Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:34 PM

When I got tired of being at work all the time and missing my babies. I have been a SAHM since May and I really like it. Sometimes I get bored or overwhelmed and start thinking about working again... but I know if I went back to work, I would hate it and I would miss my kids too much. I hated never being here for them. Now I am the one who is here to cook all of their meals, help them with homework, take them to and from school, take them to the doctor, take care of them when they are sick, give them their baths and tuck them in at night. I was missing all of that when I was working. I would never go back to that unless I had to.

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I never wanted to be a sahm. but a medical need made me one and for the last 10 years or so

Meadowchik
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I knew I wanted to do it if we had children, that's always what I wanted and DH agreed.  Doesn't make it easy, though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)