Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When did u know SAHM was for u?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have been a SAHM for 3 yrs. the first ur was great but as the other 2 yrs past I feel more frustrated and unaccomplished as ever! I spend more time yelling at the kids and not being home. I find ways to stay away from those 4 walls. I still maintain the home and do the shopping and make sure all are at appointments etc I guess I'm just overwhelmed? I dk... How did u know that being a SAHM was for u?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

After working in daycare centers for 5 years, I knew I had no choice before my first was even conceived.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Usually kids with stay a home moms are well behaved :/ sorry you spend most of your time yelling at yours...i knew i wanted to be a stay at home mom when my oldest was just a baby and i was working and missing all the cute things he was doing and learning...i wanted to be the one molding him and teaching him to be a kind person..we have three kids now and youngest is one and once he starts pre k i plan on going back to work part time
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:42 PM
I too feel I've lost "me". I love my babies with all my heart and my husband but my life revolves around the 5 of them and I'm always last. I know it's really bad to think that way. DH has "tried" to encourage me to find myself again.. Whether it be school or just getting out. But I live in a small town and no friends. It sucks.

Quoting Anonymous:

Being a SAHM sucks. I now loathe my husband and im stuck until I can afford to leave. I lost all of my self worth. He treats me like a child and gives me $100 allowance. Fuck him and this marriage.

godsgirl26
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:42 PM
After i had my 11 year old it just felt right. And ive been a sahm ever since.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommy_2012
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Same for me, and no regrets! I love my son and my husband!

Quoting Anonymous:

When my dh and I discussed it before having kids. I knew it's what I wanted.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:44 PM
I always knew that is what I wanted. My mom was home until I turned 13. My parents fell on hard times and she had to get a job to help out. I hated it, looking back I probably needed her home more as a teenager than before. Luckily my dh has the same values. I plan on being a sahm for as long as we can afford it. If I never have to work while my kids are still at home I will be so grateful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:46 PM
It's frustrating to have to yell all the time. My oldest has ODD/Aspergers and I've had a hard time with his meds (I have up on those bc they made him violent to my other kids) and understanding him (which we have therapy for). And my middle one seemed to get absolutely horrible after my third was born. She's mouthy and defiant. My third is going thru terrible 2's and to top it.. I'm pregnant with #4. <-- not by choice, BC failed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Usually kids with stay a home moms are well behaved :/ sorry you spend most of your time yelling at yours...i knew i wanted to be a stay at home mom when my oldest was just a baby and i was working and missing all the cute things he was doing and learning...i wanted to be the one molding him and teaching him to be a kind person..we have three kids now and youngest is one and once he starts pre k i plan on going back to work part time

tennisgal
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM

when i cried every morning to leave my 10month old to work PART TIME. I've been home for 8yrs. Yes, there are days I get frustrated. Yes, there are days that seem doomed from the get-go, but I don't want to be anywhere else and I don't want anyone else getting all the good moments with my boys. ;)

Maybe reevaluate your feelings. Why do you spend all your time yelling? What's going on at home and how can YOU change it? 

MaileysMommy
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Before my Dd was even born, I knew that I wanted to stay home and take care of her. I have been a sahm for 2 years, I wouldn't change it for a thing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:48 PM
This is why I chose to be a SAHM. I worked daycare for years and I hated watching parents drop off kids and either forget about them or cry bc they are missing everything!

Quoting Anonymous:

After working in daycare centers for 5 years, I knew I had no choice before my first was even conceived.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)