Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When did u know SAHM was for u?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have been a SAHM for 3 yrs. the first ur was great but as the other 2 yrs past I feel more frustrated and unaccomplished as ever! I spend more time yelling at the kids and not being home. I find ways to stay away from those 4 walls. I still maintain the home and do the shopping and make sure all are at appointments etc I guess I'm just overwhelmed? I dk... How did u know that being a SAHM was for u?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Replies (31-40):
kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM

The moment she was born I knew there was no way I was going back to work. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Thank you. Maybe that is what I need to do.. Reevaluate my situation. Haven't thought about that. I'm just overwhelmed.

Quoting tennisgal:

when i cried every morning to leave my 10month old to work PART TIME. I've been home for 8yrs. Yes, there are days I get frustrated. Yes, there are days that seem doomed from the get-go, but I don't want to be anywhere else and I don't want anyone else getting all the good moments with my boys. ;)

Maybe reevaluate your feelings. Why do you spend all your time yelling? What's going on at home and how can YOU change it? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:51 PM

cuase i'm lazy and i dont take well to orders. nobody tells me what to do, i'm the boss, my husband gives me everything i point my finger at and spoils me. my life before kids was sleeping about 13 hours straight and only getting out of bed to get food or to go bathroom. i'm a sham because that way i dont have to go outside or do what other people tell me to do.

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Well, I didn't ever want to be a SAHM to begin with. I had a great job and I loved it, but when I got pregnant, that was another story. They were really awful to me, I was an LNA at a nursing home. They thought since I was pregnant, I couldn't do my job. My doctor just recommended I stop working the 12-16 hour shifts and stick to no more than 10. They didn't like that, since I cut the hours, they were forcing me out the doors. 

Anyway, I tried finding a job after I finally got fed up there and left, who wants to hire a big-bellied girl? LOL. I had no luck. I stayed home for the last few months, had our daughter, and hubby and I had a long talk about the options. We decided I could stay home if that's what I wanted, I figured I'd try it.

I love being a SAHM now, though it is very tough some days. Winter is especially hard because of being cooped up in the house. I love spring and summer. I love getting to see my kids have fun and play, be the one raising them and teaching them all that they know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM

So... get a job? Allowance? What are you 12? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Being a SAHM sucks. I now loathe my husband and im stuck until I can afford to leave. I lost all of my self worth. He treats me like a child and gives me $100 allowance. Fuck him and this marriage.

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I love being at home with my kids most of the time.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I can image its frusterating to be yelling all day and i cant even imagine how hard it is with a child that has odd and aspergers...iv heard those are really challenging children to care for...as for the other two you should try a different way to get through to them yelling at them just makes them want to act out more...hope things turn around for you

Quoting Anonymous:

It's frustrating to have to yell all the time. My oldest has ODD/Aspergers and I've had a hard time with his meds (I have up on those bc they made him violent to my other kids) and understanding him (which we have therapy for). And my middle one seemed to get absolutely horrible after my third was born. She's mouthy and defiant. My third is going thru terrible 2's and to top it.. I'm pregnant with #4. <-- not by choice, BC failed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Usually kids with stay a home moms are well behaved :/ sorry you spend most of your time yelling at yours...i knew i wanted to be a stay at home mom when my oldest was just a baby and i was working and missing all the cute things he was doing and learning...i wanted to be the one molding him and teaching him to be a kind person..we have three kids now and youngest is one and once he starts pre k i plan on going back to work part time

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:02 PM
What a sad excuse for a SAHM hopefully your kids grow up to be nothing like you

Quoting Anonymous:

cuase i'm lazy and i dont take well to orders. nobody tells me what to do, i'm the boss, my husband gives me everything i point my finger at and spoils me. my life before kids was sleeping about 13 hours straight and only getting out of bed to get food or to go bathroom. i'm a sham because that way i dont have to go outside or do what other people tell me to do.

illinoismommy83
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I have never been a fan of daycare, especially for babies. I think its important for kids to be home with mom, at least for the first couple years. I'm in school though and when my 5 year old starts school in the fall my youngest will be 2.5 and I will have a degree so I will probably be going back to work. My 2 year old is verbal enough to tell me if something horrible happens.

Bauxite-17
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:06 PM

I'm in year two of being a stay at home mom. Being a sahm was never an option for me growing up, I never thought I'd have kids, until I met dh, and just something clicked, and I knew I wanted to be a mom I guess. And we got pregnant, and had my son. It was really difficult to start, because I was used to being independent, and having to rely on Dh financially , was something I really had to get used to, and then always being at home was difficult, because I used to just go where I wanted whenever I wanted, but now I have a kid, so I can't go to all the places I used to, and I have to think about him first, then myself. I was used to just thinking for myself. It was a process, but now I love being at home with my son, and I can more easily rely on dh without feeling guilty about it or feeling like I don't do enough. I was raised by my mom (shes nasty, but thats another story), and she divorced my dad, who isn't a bad guy at all, not like she makes him out to be, and she would always tell me you can't rely on a man, and men are the devil ( some really sexist shit) and I had to deprogram that out of my head, because what she said isn't necessarily true. Not all men are like that, but I grew up thinking that, so it was hard for me to be a sahm relying on my husband, but I knew I wanted to be a sahm.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN