Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When did u know SAHM was for u?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have been a SAHM for 3 yrs. the first ur was great but as the other 2 yrs past I feel more frustrated and unaccomplished as ever! I spend more time yelling at the kids and not being home. I find ways to stay away from those 4 walls. I still maintain the home and do the shopping and make sure all are at appointments etc I guess I'm just overwhelmed? I dk... How did u know that being a SAHM was for u?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Replies (41-50):
momofqtees
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:07 PM

When we  couldn't find reliable childcare and cannot afford daycare centers.  My husband works 12 hr days and it isn't easy but we make it.

tennisgal
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Hey, I understand! I know it can be overwhelming. Try to remind yourself..."You're the boss." You have the power and the ability to change whatever needs to be changed. You obviously don't want to spend your days struggling and arguing so figuring out a solution is very important. You put in the work now and you'll reap the rewards later (kind of like training children to do a new chore, it can be a struggle at first but eventually it's rewarding for you both). 

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you. Maybe that is what I need to do.. Reevaluate my situation. Haven't thought about that. I'm just overwhelmed.

Quoting tennisgal:

when i cried every morning to leave my 10month old to work PART TIME. I've been home for 8yrs. Yes, there are days I get frustrated. Yes, there are days that seem doomed from the get-go, but I don't want to be anywhere else and I don't want anyone else getting all the good moments with my boys. ;)

Maybe reevaluate your feelings. Why do you spend all your time yelling? What's going on at home and how can YOU change it? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:12 PM

My husband and I both agreed that a parent should stay home with our children. I knew I was going to breastfeed, but we compared our incomes and how much each person grossed and brought into the We did this for a year before we opted to start having kids and then we came to the decision that it would be. Dh was fine being a sahd, but financially it was better if he worked. My job also required a lot of travel, and I just didn't want to be away from the kids that often. My children are both in school, but I am still busy with them. I love it.

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:14 PM

When I was born.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:16 PM

It isn't. I have been a SAHM since my son was born four years ago, and I can not wait to go back to work. That is why I do a ton of volunteer work, and I also keep all of my work licenses current.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:26 PM

When I was pregnant, we decided on it.

SpnFulOfSugar
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:27 PM
We decide before we started trying for our first. I've been a SAHM for 7 years.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I have been a sahm for 10 yrs now. I have always loved it. I have no plans or desire to go back to work ever. It doesn't bore me or frustrate me at all.

sktrowb
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Being a sahm was my "dream job" it's all I ever wanted to do
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:36 PM

before I even had kids I knew I wanted to be a sahm. I just couldn't imagine bringing my babies into this world and just throwing them in daycare all day while I worked. it just didn't make sense to me. I knew if I ever had kids I would have to stay at home with them for as long as I could. and I did. I have been a sahm for 15 years now and I love every minute of it. I have never had any desire to work outside the home. I love being at home with my kids everyday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)