Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My little sister is a stripper... UPDATE #3 and hopefully last.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 111 Replies
1 mom liked this

I don't have an issue with strippers.  There are some establishments out there that are just that; a place to come to, to see a nice "show".  But then there are others, like the one that I'm sure she works at, that is more than what it seems.

First of all, my sister is 18.  She's old enough to do whatever she wants to do now, but the downside to that is that she is still in high school.  She recently got into the mix with some guys that consider themselves rappers.  Everyday she's been going with these guys to a studio to add vocals onto some of their songs.  She doesn't normally come home until morning and by then she's got an hour or two to get ready for school and then off she goes.  I guess to her luck, her school is just a couple of blocks from where she lives, so she's never late, she just didn't have any sleep.

Yesterday I called her to talk with her. It had been a few weeks since we last actually spoke and that was around the time she met these guys.  Before we got off the phone, she decided to lay this big secret on me and said that she now is a "dancer" and that last night was her first day.  I was shocked, to say the least, yet at the same time I wasn't.  I've told her zillions of times to learn from my mistakes.  She's been around through all of them and we've talked about almost everything that I've gone through and I've told her to learn from them and do the opposite.  I've never danced before, but I did have a problem with just letting people drag me into situations that I shouldn't have been in. Of course she didn't listen and now she's gotten herself into this mess.

My mother called me this morning (she doesn't know), telling me that I need to talk to my sister and convince her that all of this "staying out all night" with these men isn't good.  I don't understand why the responsibility falls on me.  She's her kid not mine!  But I suppose she considers her mine, since I was the one that "took care" of her for so long.  When my sister was a kid, my mom basically just did her hair and fed her.  Everything else fell on me to do. 

Vent over.  I suppose I'm looking for different ways to talk to my sister to get her out of this mess.  She has a regular job that she goes to after school, or at least she did. I don't know if she's still working there or if she quit it due to these dudes filling her head up with "star dreams".  So any suggestions?

UPDATE: A few days ago, my sister decided to tell my mother what she was doing. Unexpectedly, my mom didn't flip out completely, but did call me and told me, once again, to talk to my sister to get her out of it but that if I couldn't there was nothing she nor I could do to get her to do it. 

Its only been a week since all of this began and now the guy who brought my sister into all of this true colors have finally shown.  Of course originally my sister just wanted to do the whole "music" thing, but this person persuaded her into dancing.  Well, he took her and some other girl, out of state to a different club because apparently the laws are different there.  Now my sister knows this guy is actually a pimp. (Something we ALL warned her about.  I even told her back when it was just music that she wanted to do to watch out for these men.)  My sister is still not in our state, but she said she'd be back in by Monday.  She also has missed school because of all of this, so now not only is her safety an issue, but its possible that graduation may be a problem.

I will keep you all updated on what happens.  She said when she comes back she's getting out of this because it wasn't what she thought it was and that he lied to her, etc.

And in case anyone asks, No, my mom has not called the police or anything of the sort.  In fact, I'm the only one that knows about this.  I'm letting them handle this the way they want to, just hanging around for moral support.

UPDATE: Well my sister didn't return Monday night as expected.  She called to inform my mom that there was a reason for them to have went to where they did in the first place and that they would be back soon, she just wasn't sure when.  Apparently the guy has been getting upset with my sister because she's "whining" too much and also she didn't make as much money one night as she did the night as she did the night before and thought she was screwing around with his money.  So instead of taking her to this little function they had Tuesday night, he decided to leave her at wherever they were staying and took the other girl with him.  My sister called crying and telling my mom about how he was acting and how the other girl was acting. She still doesn't realize that this guy is a pimp.  She is still thinking he's her boyfriend and should care about her feelings and such, when really he doesn't give a damn about her or that other chick and is all about the money and which ever one of them could make him more money would be the one he clings to more.  She doesn't realize that.  Well anyways, she should be returning today.  As soon as I have word, I'll update.

FINAL UPDATE (hopefully):My sister is now home. My mom went to get her from downtown, early Thursday morning at around 2pm.  I suppose the guy made her work still that final night.  How much money did my sister make during her little "field trip" you may wonder? None.  Because he took it all from her. The only money she had was the money she had in the bank that she made from previous jobs before this one. But we all knew this would happen right? Well all of us except for her.  Anyways, she's back home and is at school right now. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:44 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:44 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:46 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:50 PM

BUMP!

hudson.maggie
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Your mom may be asking you because she listens to you more.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Quoting hudson.maggie:

Maybe.  But the thing she doesn't understand is that she doesn't even really listen to me.  She was hanging with this girl at her school that is a prostitute and I basically was able to get her to stop going with her to her jobs. She wasn't working with this girl, but she would go to just see what all happened when something like this goes down.  I told her that if cops were to bust in, that she'd go to jail with everyone else as an accessory and that it wasn't good for her. So she stopped.  However, this, this is something different.  She's been around these guys for a little over a month now and its past the point of reasoning with her.

hudson.maggie
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Yea. Then I'd just tell your sister your worried about her and what could happen but stay out of it. She'll do it regardless but you'll feel better letting her know how you feel. Kwim?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hudson.maggie:

Maybe.  But the thing she doesn't understand is that she doesn't even really listen to me.  She was hanging with this girl at her school that is a prostitute and I basically was able to get her to stop going with her to her jobs. She wasn't working with this girl, but she would go to just see what all happened when something like this goes down.  I told her that if cops were to bust in, that she'd go to jail with everyone else as an accessory and that it wasn't good for her. So she stopped.  However, this, this is something different.  She's been around these guys for a little over a month now and its past the point of reasoning with her.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:03 PM

She is going to make her mistakes. Just bee there for her when she falls. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Yeah. Thanks! I don't feel good about this at all.

Quoting hudson.maggie:

Yea. Then I'd just tell your sister your worried about her and what could happen but stay out of it. She'll do it regardless but you'll feel better letting her know how you feel. Kwim?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hudson.maggie:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Quoting tifbrown:

She is going to make her mistakes. Just bee there for her when she falls. 

Thats all it seems like I can do, unfortunately.  In the end though, I'm going to get blamed for it. As usual.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured