Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

PARENTS now-a-days are failing!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 180 Replies
5 moms liked this

I understand that teens don't listen all the time and all that. But why are we not instilling traditional values in our children!

Look at how many teen moms we have now.

Why are we not teaching our children safe sex or to refrain from sex. That sex is a special thing to share with someone when your an adult or preferably when your MARRIED!

Accidents happen I understand that but so many kids now-a-days are just NOT using birth control.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:53 PM
12 moms liked this

um, this is not a new problem

teen pregnancy is not something that just started happening....

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:54 PM
4 moms liked this

and why is it a failure of just moms??

D.O.E.
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:54 PM
3 moms liked this

i think the sexual revolution had something to do with it. but i could be wrong.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:55 PM

A lot don't want to use hormonal bc because of the toll on the body (increase of cancer risks messing with hormones). The only safe sex is masturbation. You can teach safer sex with condoms, but no sex involving another person is safe (people can screw up masturbating too).

garnet83
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:56 PM
5 moms liked this

You will get bashed for this.

I see a lot of parents with an attitude of defeat. They think their kids are just going to do what they want anyway, so why bother trying to stop them. And they also think that if their kids hate them, they will be extra rebellious, so once again, parents just don't try.

brebugmom91
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:56 PM
11 moms liked this
1. I don't teach my kids sex is for marriage because I don't believe it is.

2. Can we maybe, just maybe, blame these dead beat dads too? Oh no I forgot moms are the only one who raise kids.

3. Teen pregnancy has always been around. We just aren't shaming the girls anymore.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stargaze281
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:56 PM

How the hell do you if Parents are teaching there kids about sex or not"? I am pretty sure parents teach there kids values, but not all kids are the same. Face it, when you got a horny teenager accidents can happen. Maybe some kids are just stubborn or naive. I don't think teenagers should  be getting pregnant either but its something people have to accept because it can happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:57 PM

thank u

Quoting garnet83:

You will get bashed for this.

I see a lot of parents with an attitude of defeat. They think their kids are just going to do what they want anyway, so why bother trying to stop them. And they also think that if their kids hate them, they will be extra rebellious, so once again, parents just don't try.

Sekirei
by LoKitty on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:57 PM

LOLOLOLOLOL

Teen pregnancy is not new. and Traditional values are subjective

MyGirlsAbbyLiz
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
So are you implying that there were no teen moms before this generation?

Also i wasn't a teen mom but i still had a child before i got married.marriage isn't some magical thing that says it's okay to have kids
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)