Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Baby Dropped?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:00 PM
  • 33 Replies

Ok I feel like my son dropped lower into my body. I feel him more in my lower belly then I ever have during this entire pregnancy. My question is this: Is this a good thing? I"m only 32 almost 33 weeks. This is my first child so sorry if my question seem ridiculous to some. How long after your baby dropped did you have him/her? I'm just worried about pre term labor and everything. Any advice is welcome. Thanks. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:01 PM

the theory of "dropping" really has nothing to do with going into labor

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:02 PM

It's fine. I think I dropped about that time. My kids were born at 39 weeks. One induced, one not induced.

SillySally83
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Its normal, hes just trying to find room to keep growing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't remember for sure, but doesn't your first baby drop pretty early, and subsequent babies drop later on? I don't think it has anything to do with when you'll go into labour, it's just something that happens.

poeticrose09
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:12 PM

This is going to sound bad on my end I dont want him to get any heavier. He already a big baby. You can tell by the pictures on the ultrasound he big. Doc says he already a month ahead. I'm not due until end of March but she going to take him early this I know for a fact ugh. 

Quoting SillySally83:

SillySally83
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Oh honey, I feel your pain. My twins were both 5lbs... so basically, I was carrying around a 10lb baby at 34 weeks lo I was so happy to have them out of me! lol lol lol

They actually broke my pelvic bone... just stress fractures, but man it hurt.

Quoting poeticrose09:

This is going to sound bad on my end I dont want him to get any heavier. He already a big baby. You can tell by the pictures on the ultrasound he big. Doc says he already a month ahead. I'm not due until end of March but she going to take him early this I know for a fact ugh. 

Quoting SillySally83:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Measurements and US is not a guarantee on size. How big are they saying he is and at what gestation did they do that US? YOU measuring a month ahead isnot unusual and has more to do with how you carry than the size of your baby.

Quoting poeticrose09:

Quoting SillySally83:

poeticrose09
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Wow! I didnt know babies could do that. LOL! I'm glad someone understands. Wish more did. Big babies are not fun lmao. 

Quoting SillySally83:

Oh honey, I feel your pain. My twins were both 5lbs... so basically, I was carrying around a 10lb baby at 34 weeks lo I was so happy to have them out of me! lol lol lol

They actually broke my pelvic bone... just stress fractures, but man it hurt.

Quoting poeticrose09:

Quoting SillySally83:

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

don't let that get you freaked out

at 36 weeks the ultrasound said DS was 8lb 8oz

he was born at 42 weeks weighing 7lbs 9 oz

if I had let them take him early based on that ultrasound, he would have been a low birthweight baby

Quoting poeticrose09:

Quoting SillySally83:

poeticrose09
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Its not just one doctor that has told me that I'm mearsuring big. I get ultrasounds done twice a month but now I get them done every week. I was 30 weeks when that one was done saying he was already over 5 lbs. I'm high risk so I have to get them done frequently. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Measurements and US is not a guarantee on size. How big are they saying he is and at what gestation did they do that US? YOU measuring a month ahead isnot unusual and has more to do with how you carry than the size of your baby.

Quoting poeticrose09:

Quoting SillySally83:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN