Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

T.V during bedtime

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies
Do you let your children watch tv to fall asleep? Why or why not? Dd is 2 and has been having a hard time falling asleep. My mother used to let us watch tv when we were in our rooms and when we decided we didn't want to fall asleep with it anymore we didn't. I'm thinking about letting my dd do this. If i do she will not watch ANY TV during the day and she will only be watching educational shows. what are your thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LucyHarper
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:20 PM
2 moms liked this

No, it is horrible for their sleep cycles. We also don't allow tv's in the bedrooms.

mymanben
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:22 PM
My son watches it at night. People say its wrong but whatever. I watched it growing up and I'm fine. My son can also go without it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luvmymonkeys27
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:23 PM

No. My children are allowed to read books when they are falling asleep, but they do not and will not have televisions in their rooms. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:23 PM
How old is he?

Quoting mymanben:

My son watches it at night. People say its wrong but whatever. I watched it growing up and I'm fine. My son can also go without it
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:24 PM

nope, never have and never will

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:25 PM
I don't see anything wrong with setting a timer and letting them fall asleep to it. Once the timer turns it off, its off for the night. My parents did that and all of us kids turned out fine. My kids don't get tv time during the day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:26 PM
She loves books and we thought of that but, how can she read if the lights are out? That won't promote a sleepy environment.

Quoting luvmymonkeys27:

No. My children are allowed to read books when they are falling asleep, but they do not and will not have televisions in their rooms. 

missamanda86
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Nope, there is only one tv in the house, and its in the living room

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:27 PM

my ds has a Tag reader, you can use it by pressing a button and it will "read" outloud any of the stories you have saved on it. He listens to a story to go to sleep to every night

SillySally83
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I let my DD3 watch TV to go to sleep because her doctor recommended it. She has horrible night terrors and watching something silly or sweet keeps the bad dreams at bay.

She usually falls asleep watching Strawberry Shortcake or Thomas or The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)