Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you had an induction please come here.

Posted by   + Show Post

If you've had an induction, would you mind answering a few questions?

Would you have an induction again if need be?

How far along were you when you had your induction?

Was it planned very far in advance?

How long did your labor last?

Was it the overnight induction (with cervidil (sp) or the like) or the one you came in for in the morning and just had Pitocin?

Were you dilated before the start of the induction? How far?

Did they offer an Epidural? How long into the induction was it offered?

Did you take the Epi?

Did your induction wind up with a C-Section?

IF YES TO THE C-SECTION:

How long did you labor beforehand?

Were you given the option of the C-sec or was is considered "emergency"?

Would you consider the induction a failure?

*thanks for the time to answer these questions. I may have 1 or 2 more if I can remember them.*

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Replies (11-20):
funny_girl3
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I was induced with both my pregnancies, for diff. reasons.  My first induction was because I had preeclampsia, I was induced in my 37th week.  It wasn't planned, just went in for a routine appointment and my doctor decided that my blood pressure was just too high and sent me straight to the hospital.  I labored 12 hours, from the time they started the pitocin drip until my son was born.  I was about 3 cm dilated when my doctor checked me in the office, the induction was successful and I delivered vaginally.  My second induction was because my water broke the day before my due date and I never had any contractions.  That labor was 14 hours and I was not dilated at all when they started the pitocin, also another vaginal delivery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:43 PM
I was induced with my last at 39 weeks. It was planned for probably 10 weeks. I was warned that labor could last 2 days (you're trying to get your body to do in a few hours what your body would typically do over a few weeks). I was scheduled to go in on a Friday night but they had no beds so I went in Saturday morning. (They also needed to have an OR available for me to deliver in.). They started with a paper type thing in my mouth that acts like cervadil. It releases the "drug" in your blood stream. They held off on pitocin until after lunch time. My nurse gave us an hour break before confining me to bed with pitocin. I wasn't dilated, hence the 22 hour labor. I didn't end up with a csection and they didnt see it as a possibility.
joyfullem
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Quoting arigdon4:

How far along were you when you had your induction? 39w 5days the first time and 38 and some change the second time

Was it planned very far in advance? No infact the first was very last minute and the second was a few days in advanced but we were prepared for it from the beginning

How long did your labor last? The first labor lasted less than 12 hours the second lasted less than 9 hours

Was it the overnight induction (with cervidil (sp) or the like) or the one you came in for in the morning and just had Pitocin? Came in the morning and had pitocin and they borke my water shortly after 

Were you dilated before the start of the induction? How far?Yes my doctor told me unless you are at least dialated to a one you are not a candidate.  I was between a 2 and a 3 the first time and between a 1 and 2 the second time. 

Did your induction wind up with a C-Section?   Both of my inductions were VBAC's I have had a c-section but it was not a result of a failed induction, both inductions did go smoothly which is not always the case.

IF YES TO THE C-SECTION:

Would you do an induction again if need be?  Yes I would both of mine have gone well so I feel that I can trust my body to handle the pitocin correctly and get through without the fear of a c-section looming over me.  With that being said it is a last resort and I would prefer to avoid it if at all possible

*thanks for the time to answer these questions. I may have 1 or 2 more if I can remember them.*

JakesMom712
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM
ow far along were you when you had your induction? 38 weeks

Was it planned very far in advance? Nope. I didn't know until they started pitocin

How long did your labor last? About 9 hours from 1st contraction to birth

Was it the overnight induction (with cervidil (sp) or the like) or the one you came in for in the morning and just had Pitocin? Pitocin. I went in at 630pm they started pitocin by 8

Were you dilated before the start of the induction? How far? I was 3 cm

Did your induction wind up with a C- Section? No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gilbertgrl627
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:45 PM

How far along were you when you had your induction? 39wks, 6 days

Was it planned very far in advance? No, maybe 2wks beforehand (if that, could've been a week).

How long did your labor last? 12hrs 

Was it the overnight induction (with cervidil (sp) or the like) or the one you came in for in the morning and just had Pitocin? I went in in the morning, they did the gel on my cervix, and I started contracting on my own (no Pitocin needed).

Were you dilated before the start of the induction? How far? I might've been 2cm dilated, but I don't really recall.

Did your induction wind up with a C-Section? Nope.

And yes, I would do it again. My easiest and shortest labor/delivery.

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Quoting arigdon4:

How far along were you when you had your induction? 39 weeks.

Was it planned very far in advance? No

How long did your labor last? 13 hours

Was it the overnight induction (with cervidil (sp) or the like) or the one you came in for in the morning and just had Pitocin? I think Cervidil

Were you dilated before the start of the induction? How far? Yeah, but only a one.

Did your induction wind up with a C-Section? Yes. My pelvis is tiny (and wouldn't budge) and my kids are huge.

IF YES TO THE C-SECTION:

Were you given the option of the C-sec or was is considered "emergency"? The first was an emergency, the second was my choice. No induction.

Would you consider the induction a failure? No.

Would you do an induction again if need be? No. I went straight for the C-Section the second time.

*thanks for the time to answer these questions. I may have 1 or 2 more if I can remember them.* No problem! :) Good luck!

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:45 PM
I was 39 weeks 2 days.

It was scheduled Sunday when I came in with contractions but they faded. Was induced Tuesday.

I labored 4 hours.

Morning induction.

I had been 4-5 cm for about 5 weeks before induction.
She was born vaginally
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
davnrori
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Quoting arigdon4:

How far along were you when you had your induction? 40 +5

Was it planned very far in advance? Nope

How long did your labor last? Actual labor was less than two hours and DD2 was out in 2 pushes.

Was it the overnight induction (with cervidil (sp) or the like) or the one you came in for in the morning and just had Pitocin? Overnight with a Foley bulb, Pit in the a.m.

Were you dilated before the start of the induction? How far? Yes, 1 cm.

Did your induction wind up with a C-Section? No. This was my second successful VBAC.

IF YES TO THE C-SECTION:

Would you do an induction again if need be?

Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Quoting arigdon4:

How far along were you when you had your induction? In the middle of 2 due dates they gave me.

Was it planned very far in advance? No. The day before when I had a check up.

How long did your labor last? From the start of pitocin, to when he eas born, a little over 4 hours,

Was it the overnight induction (with cervidil (sp) or the like) or the one you came in for in the morning and just had Pitocin? Morning with pitocin

Were you dilated before the start of the induction? How far? No

Did your induction wind up with a C-Section? No

IF YES TO THE C-SECTION:

Would you do an induction again if need be? If absoutely needed, of course. Never by choice. It was intense!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM

How far along were you when you had your induction? 40 weeks

Was it planned very far in advance? No

How long did your labor last? I was not in active labor

Was it the overnight induction (with cervidil (sp) or the like) or the one you came in for in the morning and just had Pitocin? My water broke and I had no contractions. My water broke @ midnight and I was admitted in the am to L&D.

Were you dilated before the start of the induction? How far? No

Did your induction wind up with a C-Section? Yes

IF YES TO THE C-SECTION:

How long did you labor beforehand? After Pitocin was administered I was rushed for an emergency C-section after 2 hours.

Were you given the option of the C-sec or was is considered "emergency"? Emergency and I was given anesthesia for the c-section.

Would you consider the induction a failure? Hmmm...did it have me start labor yes but it also caused my baby to struggle with fetal distress.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)