Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you had an induction please come here.

Posted by   + Show Post

If you've had an induction, would you mind answering a few questions?

Would you have an induction again if need be?

How far along were you when you had your induction?

Was it planned very far in advance?

How long did your labor last?

Was it the overnight induction (with cervidil (sp) or the like) or the one you came in for in the morning and just had Pitocin?

Were you dilated before the start of the induction? How far?

Did they offer an Epidural? How long into the induction was it offered?

Did you take the Epi?

Did your induction wind up with a C-Section?

IF YES TO THE C-SECTION:

How long did you labor beforehand?

Were you given the option of the C-sec or was is considered "emergency"?

Would you consider the induction a failure?

*thanks for the time to answer these questions. I may have 1 or 2 more if I can remember them.*

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Replies (21-30):
LittlePistol87
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM
I was 41 weeks and 4 days pregnant. It was planned one week in advanced. My labor lasted 5 hours. I arrived at 7am got a pill to soften my cervix then after it softened I got pitocin. I was at a 2cm or 3cm when the pitocin was started. I will only get another induction if I again go past 41 weeks. It did not end in a C section I labored so fast my dr missed my delivery and the UC was wrapped around my daughters neck. She almost died from strangulation. It all happened really fast. No epidural it was more painfull the my first who was all natural and came on his own at 40 weeks 4 days.
Bitemebetty
1) 40 weeks 1 day
2)about a week
3) I arrived at 6 am and had hin at1:40pm
4)came in just for.pitocen. I was already 4-5cm
6) no section.

Quoting arigdon4:

How far along were you when you had your induction?

Was it planned very far in advance?

How long did your labor last?

Was it the overnight induction (with cervidil (sp) or the like) or the one you came in for in the morning and just had Pitocin?

Were you dilated before the start of the induction? How far?

Did your induction wind up with a C-Section?

IF YES TO THE C-SECTION:

Would you do an induction again if need be?

*thanks for the time to answer these questions. I may have 1 or 2 more if I can remember them.*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlinsmom09
Ill reply once i get on the computer :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mumof2boys03
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:47 PM
How far along were you when you had your induction? 40+ weeks.

Was it planned very far in advance? Just the week before if I didn't happen to go into labor on my own.

How long did your labor last? About 12 hours.

Was it the overnight induction (with cervidil (sp) or the like) or the one you came in for in the morning and just had Pitocin? Yes.. I had the pitocin gel put in the night before, then the next morning then my membranes were stripped then I had the actual iv pitocin.

Were you dilated before the start of the induction? How far? Nope...

Did your induction wind up with a C-Section? Nope..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:47 PM
My first I was induced at 39 weeks 6 days. I went to my weekly appt on a Monday and my OB said we can induce tomorrow. It was a morning pitocin induction. I was 1cm at the time. Pit was started at 9:00 am and she was Born at 7:09 pm, so 10 hours of labor.
My second I was induced at 38 weeks 4 days for preeclampsia. I had a severe headache and blurry vision so I made a clinic appt and my b/p was high so I was sent to the hospital for labwork and my OB decided to do the overnight cytotec induction. I was 1.5 cm dilated but my cervix was still very thick. I had two doses of cytotec that night and the next morning I was 3 cm and pitocin was started around 8:30 and my son was born at 3:03 pm.

I would absolutely do an induction again if it were necessary, but we are done having kids. I liked that with my second I was able to get an epidural before starting the pitocin so I didn't have to be in pain. I don't handle pain well at all, and he was 9 1/2 lbs.
MrsRinehart2010

i was 34 weeks, I knw like a hour before I had it that I was having it .I was 4 cm  I had pitocin an will never have it a gain it stalled me at 5 cm for several hours no cesection though thnk god I almost had one because she started have stresss but we dealt with it an it all came out fine :O) never again though

PhoenixsMommy10
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:47 PM
We started the induction at 36 weeks and 4 days.
The induction was a "spur of the moment" kind of deal. I went to my 36 week appointment on Thursday, the dr sent me to the hospital for a 24 hour urine collection and blood pressure monitoring, and the induction started on Friday.
I didn't labor at all. After 2 days of induction there were no changes at all.
Yes I did the cervidil along with some other method (I don't remember what they used for that though).
No, I wasn't dilated before starting.
Yes, I ended up having a c-section.

I didn't labor at all before the c-section.
I was given 2 options: continue with the induction for as long as it took, or have a c-section.
Yes I consider the induction a failure. My body wasn't ready to deliver, despite the fact that it was better for my health to get the baby out.
Mom7142
I had one with my second child. It was not planned. I was in labor for 12 hours before they started the induction. After it started it was another 8 hours before I had her. It was not painful because I had epidural.
vlr4x4
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Quoting arigdon4:

How far along were you when you had your induction?  41 Weeks

Was it planned very far in advance?  2 days in advance 

How long did your labor last?  Started PIT 10pm Friday till 6am Saturday.  Broke bag at 10:30am Saturday and hooked me back up to PIT delivered 10:54pm Saturday  (I guess I'd call that 12 hours?  But I count from when they broke the bag cause that's when labor kicked off)

Was it the overnight induction (with cervidil (sp) or the like) or the one you came in for in the morning and just had Pitocin?  Pitocin

Were you dilated before the start of the induction? How far?  Not at all

Did your induction wind up with a C-Section?  Nope

IF YES TO THE C-SECTION:

Would you do an induction again if need be?

I would prefer not to, once I started laboring the drugs made it worse I think.  I started passing out every time I got a contraction.  However when you are 41 weeks in the middle of summer getting that little bugger out was the only thing on my mind haha!!

lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Quoting arigdon4:

How far along were you when you had your induction? 39 weeks

Was it planned very far in advance? A week

How long did your labor last? 5 1/2 hours once they broke my water and contractions started

Were you dilated before the start of the induction? Yes How far? 4cm for two weeks prior, and 2cm two weeks before that.

Did your induction wind up with a C-Section? No, 5 pushes and she was out.

IF YES TO THE C-SECTION:

Would you do an induction again if need be? If needed, sure.

Join the Beautiful Creatures group!
Discuss the books and movies
http://www.cafemom.com/group/beautifulcreatures

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)