Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you had an induction please come here.

Posted by   + Show Post

If you've had an induction, would you mind answering a few questions?

Would you have an induction again if need be?

How far along were you when you had your induction?

Was it planned very far in advance?

How long did your labor last?

Was it the overnight induction (with cervidil (sp) or the like) or the one you came in for in the morning and just had Pitocin?

Were you dilated before the start of the induction? How far?

Did they offer an Epidural? How long into the induction was it offered?

Did you take the Epi?

Did your induction wind up with a C-Section?

IF YES TO THE C-SECTION:

How long did you labor beforehand?

Were you given the option of the C-sec or was is considered "emergency"?

Would you consider the induction a failure?

*thanks for the time to answer these questions. I may have 1 or 2 more if I can remember them.*

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:52 PM

How far along were you when you had your induction? I was 38 weeks along

Was it planned very far in advance? It was very much unplanned lol. I developed preeclampsia and was induced right away.

How long did your labor last? From the time I was induced until I delivered was 2 1/2 DAYS

Was it the overnight induction (with cervidil (sp) or the like) or the one you came in for in the morning and just had Pitocin? I had cervadil inserted twice and pitocin every four hours.

Were you dilated before the start of the induction? How far? I was not.

Did your induction wind up with a C-Section? Nope but close. The doctor said if I didn't have the baby that night (which I did at 10:30 pm) that I would have a c-section.

IF YES TO THE C-SECTION:

How long did you labor beforehand?

Were you given the option of the C-sec or was is considered "emergency"?

Would you consider the induction a failure?

Would you do an induction again if need be? NEVER!!!

arigdon4
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Quoting Mortiferouslatt:

How far along were you when you had your induction? 42 weeks

Was it planned very far in advance? No, it was planned 3 days before the induction because of placental calcification. I went to the ob every 3 days because of being overdue and went in because I wasn't feeling much movement.

How long did your labor last? About 12 hours start to delivery.

Was it the overnight induction (with cervidil (sp) or the like) or the one you came in for in the morning and just had Pitocin? I came in at 5 am for pitocin.

Were you dilated before the start of the induction? How far?.I believe I had been at one cm for weeks, no progress.

Did your induction wind up with a C-Section? No, I did have a 4th degree episiotomy but delivered vaginally.

Oh my goodness...I'm so sorry

Armymom134
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Quote  Like Reply to Post

How far along were you when you had your induction? With my first I was 39 weeks and 4 days, second 39 weeks 2 days, 3rd 39 weeks and 5 days, 4th was a c-section at 39 weeks 2 days.

Was it planned very far in advance? No, they were all planned at my 38 week appointment

How long did your labor last? 1st child, 10 hours, 2nd child, 5 hours, 3rd child 4 hours, 4th child no labor.

Was it the overnight induction (with cervidil (sp) or the like) or the one you came in for in the morning and just had Pitocin? 1st child had my membrane stripped no pitocin was used, 2nd child pitocin, 3rd child pitocin.

Were you dilated before the start of the induction? How far? Yes with all of them I was either 3 or 4cm dilated and at least 50% effaced or more.

Did your induction wind up with a C-Section? No, none of them ended in c-sections. I had my last child by c-section due to a surgery I had.

Would you do an induction again if need be? I cannot medically do another vaginal birth because of surgery I had done for a uterine prolapse.

dudestfd
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:52 PM

How far along were you when you had your induction?  37 wks 5 days

Was it planned very far in advance? No, it was emergency 

How long did your labor last? 16 hrs

Was it the overnight induction (with cervidil (sp) or the like) or the one you came in for in the morning and just had Pitocin?  I started Pitocin at 7 pm, no cevidil needed. 

Were you dilated before the start of the induction? How far? No dilation or effacement 

Did your induction wind up with a C-Section? No, it went perfectly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:52 PM
I've had 3 inductions. My first was 41w3d I went in at 10 pm dilated 2 cm started w pitocin and vaginally delivered a heathly baby. My second I was 38w dilated 3 cm went in at 7 am started w pitocin and vaginally delivered a healthy baby. My third I was 40w dilated 5 cm went in in the morning and vaginally delivered a heathly baby. And yes I would induce again
do11face
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:52 PM

How far along were you when you had your induction? 37 weeks

Was it planned very far in advance? no. I had preeclampsia.

How long did your labor last? 36 hours.

Was it the overnight induction (with cervidil (sp) or the like) or the one you came in for in the morning and just had Pitocin? They tried the cervadil first but it did nothing so they gave me pitocin. It still wasn't working so they cranked it way up. It sucked donkey balls. It made me sick and I was in labor for so long I ended up with a uterine infection.

Were you dilated before the start of the induction? How far? nope, not at all.

Did your induction wind up with a C-Section? no, I actually finally managed to push but looking back a csection would have been safer since I nded up with an infection.

I had a planned csection with my second due to the complications I had with my first my new OB and I decided it was the safest route for me when my bp started rising again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:53 PM

How far along were you when you had your induction?

39 weeks

Was it planned very far in advance?

no it was a last minute decision after baby failed NST and ultrasound showed baby was on small side

How long did your labor last?

4 hours

Was it the overnight induction (with cervidil (sp) or the like) or the one you came in for in the morning and just had Pitocin?

came in the afternoon and it was Pitocin

Were you dilated before the start of the induction? How far?

yes but only about 1 cm

Did your induction wind up with a C-Section?

no I actually started contracting on my own when I got to the hospital. but they decided to give me some pitocin anyways to make it go faster. and oh it did. my daughter came 3 hours later.

Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:53 PM

40 weeks then 41 weeks, then 40 weeks (big big baby) 

yes, no (they gave me the pit bc I was full effaced and 6 cm dilated they couldn't let me leave but I wasn't in labor), yes.

9 am induced born 7:25 pm, Induced 7 an born 10:35, did the overnight, pit started at 9 born 11:40

dilated 5 cm, 6+ cm, 5 cm at the beginning

no c-sections

I declined my epi with the first until I was ready to push (I didn't know this) once I agreed they wouldn't check me until after I got it. They put it in, checked I was crowning, I got no relief and ended up with a spinal headache for two weeks that was worse than labor. IMO if you want one get if but if you don't want one don't change your mind. 

Hope that helps.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Oh forgot to mention my second was planned in advance
jesistar6910
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:54 PM

How far along were you when you had your induction? 39 Weeks, I was told DD was super huge

Was it planned very far in advance? Just a week in advance

How long did your labor last? 36 Hours

Was it the overnight induction (with cervidil (sp) or the like) or the one you came in for in the morning and just had Pitocin? I had cervadil in the morning then pitocin for the rest of the day.

Were you dilated before the start of the induction? How far? None.

Did your induction wind up with a C-Section? Yes.

IF YES TO THE C-SECTION:

How long did you labor beforehand? 36 Hours

Were you given the option of the C-sec or was is considered "emergency"? Emergency after pushing for almost an  hour

Would you consider the induction a failure? Yes. She wasn't even that fucking big.

I am very bitter about my experience. I will not be forced to have another induction / c-section as long as I live (unless it means my child would die).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN