Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I really need help...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

I am so bad with money. I need to manage my finaces better I just cant seem to do it.

I make 800 a month with my VA benefits. My paychecks average 590 twice a month. Dh doesnt work or get unemployment.

Our bills are as follows:

Rent:600

Aarons for our furniture: 300

Water:100 every 2 months

Gas:100

Electric:200

Phones:100

Cable/Internet:100

I just cant seem to make this work out so everyone gets paid every month. I dont know what to do. I am living with several disconnect notices. Is there anyone that can offer advise?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Get rid of cable(and internet if you don't need it for school or work) get trac phones, take back your furniture and find some at a thrift store or yard sale.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:36 PM

yep, get rid of the rent a center furniture!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

DH needs a J O B

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:38 PM
I would get rid of the furniture from Aarons. You are paying 3600 a year, is it worth it? Are you getting a tax refund that you can use for furniture or to pay down some of the Aarons amount.You have about 480 after the bills, where does that go? Do you budget your grocery shopping, gas, things like that or do you just go and spend?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I would get rid of the stuff from Aarons but I cant afford to just go out and buy furniture. I am looking at about 1100 back in taxes and that is going to get caught up on bills. I try to budget but I am not very good at it. I have to purchase food for each individual meal I cant just stock up because then DH gets this mindset where we have all this food so we are doing great and can afford to feed his friends. And yes it would be easier if he has a job but at the same time no job is saving me several hundred in child care for ds (2) and the gas and luches it would cost for him to get back and forth.

Mommytotwins44
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM
get rid of furniture payment and cable. those things are not necessary. get trac phone and why is dh not working?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Our cells phones cost about the same as a tracfone would. they are only 50 a month per line. He doesnt have a job anymore because he was a temp and they could afford him anymore.

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:49 PM

$590 x 2 = $1180; $1180 = $800 = $1980

$600 +$300 = $900 + $50 (per month for water) = $950 + $100 = $1050 + 200 = $1250 + $100 = $1350 + $100 = $1450

$1980 - $1450 = $530 per month left over for food etc.

I don't understand where the problem is.  You could put $100 a month back in your budget by cancelling cable and internet; those are luxuries, not necessities.  If you need access to internet almost every library in the counry has computers for that purpose nowdays, and if your phones have data access you can access the internet that way as well.

MsMcWithey
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:49 PM
DH isn't working because you need him for child care... that's fine but you could work alternating shifts. He can work when you were off and vice versa. Quit renting your furniture, you can find it at a thrift store or garage sale.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would get rid of the stuff from Aarons but I cant afford to just go out and buy furniture. I am looking at about 1100 back in taxes and that is going to get caught up on bills. I try to budget but I am not very good at it. I have to purchase food for each individual meal I cant just stock up because then DH gets this mindset where we have all this food so we are doing great and can afford to feed his friends. And yes it would be easier if he has a job but at the same time no job is saving me several hundred in child care for ds (2) and the gas and luches it would cost for him to get back and forth.

Mommytotwins44
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:51 PM
why is your power bill so high! cant you get help through social services for child care? we are a family of 5 have baseboard heat and our power bill is only like 140 a month. is there any way you could get that down a bit?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN