Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I always get dirty looks when I order food at a fast food restraunt

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Eta/ it diesnt bother me. Just figured it would be more of an attention grabber than "weight Loss before and after"

We don't eat out often. And i dont drink soda often. I work really
Hard to keep my weight in check

I eat salad a lot at home, so sometimes i wont order one since eating out once every month or two is one of the few times when I break from the amounts of fat I want to eat.

I guess it throws them off when I order a burger or some other some other fattening unhealthy food with a diet coke. Lol.

I'm a type one diabetic, I Carb count. So if I get a regular soda that uses up pretty much all my carbs, so I Always get a diet soda when we eat out.

So anyway, my real reason for this post is to show where I am at in my weight loss.

Started 9 months ago when dd was 1 month old. She is currently 10 months, I've lost 30 lbs since I've started.

Ive ren diabetic for two years now and Im doing pretty well.

My blood sugars have been great. My a1c last week was 7.
I've gotten much better at carb counting, and have been able to control my blood sugar levels much better,and I've been able to really. It back in how much insulin I have to use.

So I've been carb counting, and as long as I do it right i don't have to totally cut out the sweets, pastas and breads that I love, I just have to know my portions and eat correctly, so I love the fact that I can still eat those things.

I am a SAHM, but I have been walking every where. I just out dd in her stroller and out we go.

I work at home during the week, and do cardio, Pilates and a few other things. And I hit the gym on weekends.

I always make sure to keep a bottle of water on me so I can stay hydrated, and I keep my meter on me when I work out so that I can make sure my blood sugar isnt dropping.

It's actually been a lot easier than I thought it would.

So I'll put the pics in replies.
I started at 210 and am currently at 180

I started at 200.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:40 PM

At 210.
I can't find this shirt. I think I have it away...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:41 PM

The plaid does
Nothing me for me. I'll post another pic in a plain shirt.

So not much of a difference but I'm getting there.
MsMcWithey
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Who cares about their dirty looks, they don't live in your skin. Way to go on your weight loss tho!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Plain one. Not a great angle. Will try to get a mirror pic later.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:45 PM
I don't want to sound rude, but are you sure you always get dirty looks? There are people much than you, order a lot more food, and still order a diet drink. I've worked in fast food and never saw anyone give anyone dirty looks because of what they ordered.

But kudos for taking care of yourself and losing weight! :)
supercarp
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I am willing to bet those "dirty looks" are only tired and cranky people waiting in line for food. Don't be so sensitive.

AleaKat
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
They're the ones flipping burgers and repeating that age old " would u like fries with that".
Give them judgmental dirty looks right back! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM

LOL People always question that too and ask if I'm on a diet, because I'm slim. LOL I tell them no. And let them know that I am a diabetic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
It doesn't. Bother me. Just figured that would be more of an attention grabber. And thanks.

Quoting MsMcWithey:

Who cares about their dirty looks, they don't live in your skin. Way to go on your weight loss tho!

SillySally83
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)