Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I always get dirty looks when I order food at a fast food restraunt

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Eta/ it diesnt bother me. Just figured it would be more of an attention grabber than "weight Loss before and after"

We don't eat out often. And i dont drink soda often. I work really
Hard to keep my weight in check

I eat salad a lot at home, so sometimes i wont order one since eating out once every month or two is one of the few times when I break from the amounts of fat I want to eat.

I guess it throws them off when I order a burger or some other some other fattening unhealthy food with a diet coke. Lol.

I'm a type one diabetic, I Carb count. So if I get a regular soda that uses up pretty much all my carbs, so I Always get a diet soda when we eat out.

So anyway, my real reason for this post is to show where I am at in my weight loss.

Started 9 months ago when dd was 1 month old. She is currently 10 months, I've lost 30 lbs since I've started.

Ive ren diabetic for two years now and Im doing pretty well.

My blood sugars have been great. My a1c last week was 7.
I've gotten much better at carb counting, and have been able to control my blood sugar levels much better,and I've been able to really. It back in how much insulin I have to use.

So I've been carb counting, and as long as I do it right i don't have to totally cut out the sweets, pastas and breads that I love, I just have to know my portions and eat correctly, so I love the fact that I can still eat those things.

I am a SAHM, but I have been walking every where. I just out dd in her stroller and out we go.

I work at home during the week, and do cardio, Pilates and a few other things. And I hit the gym on weekends.

I always make sure to keep a bottle of water on me so I can stay hydrated, and I keep my meter on me when I work out so that I can make sure my blood sugar isnt dropping.

It's actually been a lot easier than I thought it would.

So I'll put the pics in replies.
I started at 210 and am currently at 180

I started at 200.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Replies (11-17):
poeticrose09
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:50 PM

ignore the dirty looks. I get them too and I'm also diabetic. They usually screw up my drink order so I'm very careful when I order my drink espeially if I get a diet pepsi or coke becuase I put lemons in them to take away the awful taste. THey usually screw up when refilling it and put tea in there ugh. Gross lol. Congrats on your weight loss btw.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Thanks. I always make DH take a drink first, if he makes a weird face then I know it's diet and they didnt mess up lol

Quoting poeticrose09:

ignore the dirty looks. I get them too and I'm also diabetic. They usually screw up my drink order so I'm very careful when I order my drink espeially if I get a diet pepsi or coke becuase I put lemons in them to take away the awful taste. THey usually screw up when refilling it and put tea in there ugh. Gross lol. Congrats on your weight loss btw.  

mvbullock
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Good job! you're doing great :-)

My DH is a type 1 diabetic as well (has been for about 27 yrs) and he only drinks/orders diet soda. I don't think we've ever had anyone give us weird or dirty looks. Just ignore those ppl, they don't know your situation.

poeticrose09
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Mine hates it but if they look confused on whose drink is whose I do the same thing lmao. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks. I always make DH take a drink first, if he makes a weird face then I know it's diet and they didnt mess up lol

Quoting poeticrose09:

MooreBoysMama
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Great job! You look really good. Glad you have gotten your health under control.

I bet you feel great!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Dieting and going to fast food restaurants only slows progress!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Found a more sideways angle of before, when I was at 210
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN